• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

who makes best airgun

...IMHO this is the best air gun ever made...

Daisy-Buck.jpg

If your the best you don't have another company make barrels for you. You make them.

Daisy? Crosman??? GAMO and Norica and Cometa and Snow Peak/Artemis and XISICO and Listone and CZ and BSA and HW and FX? CROSMAN???

None of the above, do you honestly think the makers of the best airguns in the World have other companies make their regulators and or barrels? Would you think Ferrari would be as good if they had Citroen make their engines?

I'm not saying what the best is, just saying what the best isn't.

Many bits and and pieces go into these, just because a company makes its own barrels don’t not mean they are the best air rifle. You can have the best barrel in world but if it droops, sags when leaned against a wall, or bumped ever so slightly and changes impact if let set more then a few minutes. It isn’t the best. It would be better to have them make the barrel for a company that builds a solid mounting platform that barrel will fit on without a bunch of leaks , accuracy and other issues. I would say there is no best one gun for every one. But I will say most people would agree, best would have to consist of many many things. Reliability, components ( parts regulators, gauges, stocks, mounts etc) accuracy, durability, functionality, dependability, ease of service, adjustability, weight, length, looks ( although that seems low on the list of many), made in the U.S.A. again seems like a low priority with these things. So those bests and many more may come in different order of priority to each individual and their needs, and wants some may over look one or several or a bunch of them for one or a few that is more important to them. But because one company makes their own barrels does not in any way mean they make the best gun. I think many guns are the best in one thing or another ,or have one component on it that is the best, but none are the best( not a one of them have 100% of the best components in them, which would really be required to have the “ best” of something) at everything, or for every body. 

Reactions: Peskådot671
Aloha all and shout out to all of the veteran’s,

I agree with what ghoststalker said. It’s hard to say which airgun is the best. For me I have several makes of airguns. I wouldn’t be able to single one out as the best, I do have my go to airguns but for different types of shooting, hunting, pesting, plinking, etc. I would say to the new airgunner find other airgunners who have different types of airguns and shoot them, see which one you like and go from there.

Aloha, Keone

Many bits and and pieces go into these, just because a company makes its own barrels don’t not mean they are the best air rifle. You can have the best barrel in world but if it droops, sags when leaned against a wall, or bumped ever so slightly and changes impact if let set more then a few minutes. It isn’t the best. It would be better to have them make the barrel for a company that builds a solid mounting platform that barrel will fit on without a bunch of leaks , accuracy and other issues. I would say there is no best one gun for every one. But I will say most people would agree, best would have to consist of many many things. Reliability, components ( parts regulators, gauges, stocks, mounts etc) accuracy, durability, functionality, dependability, ease of service, adjustability, weight, length, looks ( although that seems low on the list of many), made in the U.S.A. again seems like a low priority with these things. So those bests and many more may come in different order of priority to each individual and their needs, and wants some may over look one or several or a bunch of them for one or a few that is more important to them. But because one company makes their own barrels does not in any way mean they make the best gun. I think many guns are the best in one thing or another ,or have one component on it that is the best, but none are the best( not a one of them have 100% of the best components in them, which would really be required to have the “ best” of something) at everything, or for every body.

Very well said. I know this is a little off the mark but some firearm dealers do the same thing. They choose different components and sell their own version in a complete package. The best AR15 is the one I've built myself. Every part and component has been researched and thought out from durability, accuracy, practicality, and ergonomics. Now if an airgun company would do something similar, I'm all ears.

👂🏼👂🏼

In a past tense, it was for me the Imperial Air rifle company that produced this.....
428ABF48-2AFD-472C-87D1-13D08F9001D4.1605213132.jpeg
AD5B091E-8D9B-42CD-B9A9-F243935E04A7.1605213143.jpeg

It was built like a fine shotgun of solid steel, with a sleek shotgun style stock of English Walnut and the pump lever shaped like the forend of a side by side shot gun. The triggers were hand made, following similar shotgun lines and everything snicked magically because it was so well made.

The 8 pumps afforded 2 shots from the two barrels, released by 2 triggers. It would put both shots into an inch circle at 40 yds standing.

It was hand made, costing 1500 Sterling. Quality and styling will probably never be seen like this again....Everything else is just crap in comparison.

I felt privileged to have had the chance to handle it..... The finest air rifle ever made.

In a past tense, it was for me the Imperial Air rifle company that produced this.....
428ABF48-2AFD-472C-87D1-13D08F9001D4.1605213132.jpeg
AD5B091E-8D9B-42CD-B9A9-F243935E04A7.1605213143.jpeg

It was built like a fine shotgun of solid steel, with a sleek shotgun style stock of English Walnut and the pump lever shaped like the forend of a side by side shot gun. The triggers were hand made, following similar shotgun lines and everything snicked magically because it was so well made.

The 8 pumps afforded 2 shots from the two barrels, released by 2 triggers. It would put both shots into an inch circle at 40 yds standing.

It was hand made, costing 1500 Sterling. Quality and styling will probably never be seen like this again....Everything else is just crap in comparison.

I felt privileged to have had the chance to handle it..... The finest air rifle ever made.

Beautiful craftsmanship. Would be cool to see them make a PCP with that craftsmanship 

Yeah I agree with this, I just see it as a big plus when a company basically does everything themselves. It's literally the hardest thing to do as you need to try and solve all problems, you don't get to check off any big ticket items by shopping around and paying for it. To me it has big merit and deserves my hard earned money.

Do I think FX makes the best guns in the world? No.

I dont think theres any 1 manufacturer that makes the "best airgun" with so many aspects to the sport it's a ridiculous question.

Guess I'm the weird oddball. I look at it more as who makes the best airgun that fits MY wants, needs or scratches that "ok, I wanna know more about it" itch. Get 50 members to reply in this thread and you're gonna get at least 35 different answers to that question because most shooters are going to buy the rifle that at the end of the day they think is best going to fill their want or need....unless you're YoDoyle and just buy some of everything....lol.