• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Who makes a modern stock butt hook?

Anschoutz - Not in stock anywhere, and too many seperate parts to buy.
Al Freeman - out of stock, out of business?
Gehmann - out of stock
FT Special - out of stock, out of business?
Oops, I mean a modern, at least currently available butt stock.
Thanks
Not sure what exactly you are looking for… Creedmoor has most of the MEC butt hook/ plates in stock
Thanks, I did not know Creedmore. I had a newer Anschutz Butt Hook and hated it. I don’t shoot with a leather jacket, and oddly, the new Butt Hook has very uncomfortable metal adjustments and metal edges without any rubber padding and it digs into your shoulder. I’m looking for another 1 piece old curved butt hook with the ball/knob on the end and no moving parts.
Both the TEC-HRO and MEC hooks look good though. Thanks.

I never used the new style palm riser; I’m looking for the older “U-shape with wooden handle” palm rest.

Thanks for your lead though, I do appreciate it.

Oops, I mean a modern, at least currently available butt stock.
Thanks

Thanks, I did not know Creedmore. I had a newer Anschutz Butt Hook and hated it. I don’t shoot with a leather jacket, and oddly, the new Butt Hook has very uncomfortable metal adjustments and metal edges without any rubber padding and it digs into your shoulder. I’m looking for another 1 piece old curved butt hook with the ball/knob on the end and no moving parts.
Both the TEC-HRO and MEC hooks look good though. Thanks.

I never used the new style palm riser; I’m looking for the older “U-shape with wooden handle” palm rest.

Thanks for your lead though, I do appreciate it.
As a suggestion…Ruiz sports on eBay sells a LOT of the older parts you are looking for..nice old aluminum ball end butt hooks, and beautiful wooden handled palm rests. Also I may be able to repair your stock… if you can pm me with a photo or two, I could possibly make an assessment. Check out my post in General Discussion…Homemade stock to see how I milled the channel for the air tube. Anyhow..good luck John

Hi John,

Thanks. Absolutely beautiful wood work! And I love the Diana 75 in the background! We lived in Port Charlotte when Charlie absolutely leveled Punta Gorda. I still visit the Fisherman’s mall for a Lobster Roll when I get down there. We were 2 miles N of the mall in a very low density area (70 homes on 1100 acres) which the township emanate domained to get more tax dollars, but the builder backed out. They immediately leveled our 2000 sf 4 year old block home. And, they took advantage of the lower home value after Charlie caused some roof and window damage.

My biggest stock problem was cutting the 1.5" cylinder groove, with a drill and hole saw. I was going to glass pack the action and float the barrel, but I was trying to put a 1.5 grove in a 1.7 width stock. I hate the hallow Synthetic/plastic stocks!

I'm thinking of buying a 3" wide Micofit sporter Laminate stock. They will sell without the trigger inlet cut, but can only cut a 1.25" groove.

Would you be willing and capable to expand/widen the grove to 1.5”, maybe the inlet and forearm accessory rail like your beautiful Home made stock. I get down to Venice 1-2 times a year.

I saw Ruiz on eBay, great stuff, but I think he's in Romania, or Eastern Europe anyway. I’ll probably end up there for the old Anschutz parts anyway.

Attached photo of my 75, and the buggered stock is ontop of the red box. I havn't been a forum member long enough to PM.

3.jpg
1.jpg

Thanks for your advice, and perhaps future work.
Alex

FYI…I’ve ordered many items from Ruiz…never a problem at all and surprisingly fast delivery…I sure love his selection of iron sights, and hard to find stock hardware.
We have the same model 75…I Loooove that rifle..
From what I can see ….I think I could repair the stock you gouged…if you decide to go a different route..I would be happy to inlet it for you…if you’re in the area, look me up. Will send you a PM with my contact information. John