• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Who makes .25 slugs?

Those varmintknockers are heavy at 47 grains. Very accurate at any velocity. Those slugs work especially well in choked LW barrels, which they were designed for and tested in. These are based on a mold from MP molds that was made for the Huben K1. I cast these all the time even though they are a little bit heavy for caliber. They shoot better than any other slug type thing out of my talon p. They are very penetrating however. They'll go through just about anything.

The drive bands fit very snuggly but the overall friction in the barrel is low so I get good velocity and energy compared to a slug like the NSA slugs at that weight which drag on the barrel too much and end up being slow. Grizzlies are good but Their drag is a little bit high in the choked LW barrels (not as much drag as the nsa slugs which have lots of contact area. I see this because they shoot with a lower energy than others pellets with the same mass or even lower mass. The energy loss must be due to the flat sides having too much contact with the rifling.

Those varmintknockers are heavy at 47 grains. Very accurate at any velocity. Those slugs work especially well in choked LW barrels, which they were designed for and tested in. These are based on a mold from MP molds that was made for the Huben K1. I cast these all the time even though they are a little bit heavy for caliber. They shoot better than any other slug type thing out of my talon p. They are very penetrating however. They'll go through just about anything.

The drive bands fit very snuggly but the overall friction in the barrel is low so I get good velocity and energy compared to a slug like the NSA slugs at that weight which drag on the barrel too much and end up being slow. Grizzlies are good but Their drag is a little bit high in the choked LW barrels (not as much drag as the nsa slugs which have lots of contact area. I see this because they shoot with a lower energy than others pellets with the same mass or even lower mass. The energy loss must be due to the flat sides having too much contact with the rifling.

I love varmint knockers. My escape and 25 marauder love the 33gr small hp

I just got back from the range and shot 6 different weights of .25 cal AVS slugs at 50yds on the factory tune. I shot the Leshiy 2 (350mm with a Tishina 200 moderator kit) off a Lead Sled. The best groups from the slugs were 32gr and 38gr. The best groups overall were with JSB 25.4gr and 34gr pellets.

AVS 28gr 50yd sm.1602881765.jpg
AVS 30gr 50yd sm.1602881830.jpg
AVS 32gr 50yd sm.1602881830.jpg
AVS 34gr 50yd sm.1602881830.jpg
AVS 36gr 50yd sm.1602881830.jpg
AVS 38gr 50yd sm.1602881830.jpg
JSB 25gr 50 yd 2 sm.1602881830.jpg
JSB 34gr 50 yd sm.1602881830.jpg

AceRph - those results are pretty disappointing with the slugs. If the best group you can get with the L2 and JSB is over an inch at 50 yards then these guns are having some serious accuracy issues. I can't even get groups that small and there is always one or two flyers per mag.

Note - someone claimed 0.5" at 50 yards. No picture of the target so I'm calling B.S.

Aloha ctshooter,

I have the L2 .25 350mm and so far I have not found a slug that’s accurate for me. I have tried nsa, vk, fx, jsb, and griffin. And all of them were loose in the mag. As for pellets the jsb mk2 34gr were the most accurate, the best group I got were 3/4” at 50 yards with winds blowing 15 mph. I haven’t played with my reg yet to see if shooting faster or slower will tighten up my groups.

Aloha,

Keone