Who likes shooting steel targets?

I like to shoot steel, but try not to do that too often as it very much so scatter lead all over the place, okay the same is the case when we shoot paper at the moment, as the lead go strait into a berm of dirt.
So a oversized pellet trap are very much on my drawing board for this summer, and i think i got the OK to make that on one of my friends trailers, so it can be moved around the field by a ATV and so be used at different ranges.

Not doing something in this regard i find is a little irresponsible, so i am going to give it all i have even if it aint much as a retired Dane.

Peashooter, try this. A 3/4" stall mat behind carpet or rug will stop a 800 fps .22 round at 10m. Haven't got anything more powerful to try on it, but it catches everything. The pellets bounce off the rubber stall mat and caught by the rugs so everything collects underneath.
20220528_133141.jpg

You could say I enjoy hearing that "PING" when you knock it down or sent it spinning.

Last edited:
I have contemplated stall mats, but i must admit not as the #1 thing in the path of a piece of lead once it have passed thru paper.
Looked around for stall mats, and you would think that in the worlds #1 farmed country you would have lots of options, but that dont seem to be the case.

Anyway i will figure something out, if i am OK to use the old trailer, i could turn to concrete to ricochet off / dump most of the energy on, take more that momentary lack of imagination and funds to stop this old guy.
I did also find out, my buddy have 2 rubber tracks from one of those small excavators, but they are mot completely solid but i might be able to work something out.
Maybe should get my buddy to ask around the locals, maybe there are something used to be found.

For those of you that like shooting steel (like me), check out the ad in the classified s titled "cheap steel targets". I just received my second shipment from Sharath Kumar today and am impressed with his work and communication. He will listen to request and come up with something for you. He's very reasonable on his pricing. I'm painting today's goodies now.
KIMG2625.JPG

KIMG2626.JPG

Maybe it would be simpler to ask, does anyone NOT like shooting steel targets? 😉

I go back and forth between paper and spinners/gongs. I spend a lot of time messing with scope adjustments, because apparently I like to self sabotage a perfect zero, but once that's dialed in it's nice to watch the little spinners take a ride or smack the big ones.

Paper is fun to give you a preview of accuracy. Metal is fun to give you a preview of power on impact. And who doesn't love that sound!

Last edited:
I love shooting steel and have many AR500 targets and a KYL. Steel gives you instant visual and audible feedback and a quick spray of white paint instantly renews the target. Especially like that quadrant target. It was the most fun target to shoot at the 2019 GTA Fun Shoot.