• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Who knows what we're looking at here?

just pulled these two compact rifles out for a shoot, they haven't seen daylight in a couple years. Pretty cool history behind both of them.

1598296999_9059183045f4413a7d580e7.23885963.JPG

The top rifle is a standard, in my mind "classic" is a better descriptor, Beeman C1 that I had multiple discussions with Robert Beeman about. He told me that this was a gun he was very proud to have had a hand in, and was disappointed when the new owners of Beemans decided to discontinue its manufacture. For those that think it is simply a restocked Webley Vulcan, it is the stock that is the essence of the C1. I know some don't like it, but for me it is the slickest, fastest handling springer ever built. I bought this gun from Beeman new, and it's been in my collection over 30 years.

The lower rifle is one of the first two Benjamin Discoveries produced, given to me after Tom Gaylord and I did the pre-release evaluations before the gun was released to market. I liked the C1 stock so much I had a custom stock built for for it. The walnut stock is patterned directly off my Beeman C1 and handles so much better than the original! I've had some great small game hunts with both of these rifles.

I figured you may have purposefully left out the name, but to be quite honest... you asked 'who knew the history' and I wanted to show off a little bit with some airgun trivia...haha. It was that stock that caused me to reach out to him to make a couple for me. Things got heated towards the end and I believe that my 850 stock was the last he did.

I see the makings of Rons next book.... 'The Degenerates of Airgunning: Folks I've Met Along the Way' hahahaha

Thanks for the suggestion: The breach is oversized but narrows down quickly, makes loading quick but doesn't seem to impact ballistic performance. In fact I've been shooting through a 1250 ct box of 7.9 Premier Domes that's lasted me for years! The gun only comes out a couple times every couple years, for a short plinking or squirrel hunting session. They'll probably last forever.

Beautiful stock on the Discovery! As to the stock maker, he was around a few years ago on the AA classifieds. I actually bought a lightweight Marauder stock from him and spoke to him by phone. Stock was as described in the ad-I didn't realize who I was dealing with until the package arrived with his real name as the sender. He was going by JD Dodge-guess I got lucky but he was straight with me. I does seem like a few guys have gone rogue over the years I've been on the forums.