• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Who is the smartest one on this forum?

Dat deffinantaly tisnt mi.

img-934b1897.jpeg

i will tell you that the way you learn is to find a post that you nothing about and see if you can find an answer
in looking for the answer you will come across other answers about other things
will you find the answer you are looking for maybe, maybe not but in looking you will learn, you will file away a story that you might be interested in
and as time going by you will grow in knowledge, but will you know everything not possible but it is part of the hobby, learning

I’d take top tier common sense over top tier smart any day of the week. Too many times I listen to blah blah blah about ones background which would make them seem to be smart but what I see lacking is common sense and boy oh boy does it show.

Now, a fast learner that has high level common sense? That person I truly admire, and there’s a few of those on this forum. Those are the ones I want to rub shoulders with, lol!

Last edited:
I’d take top tier common sense over top tier smart any day of the week. Too many times I listen to blah blah blah about ones background which would make them seem to be smart but what I see lacking is common sense and boy oh boy does it show.

Now, a fast learner that has high level common sense? That person I truly admire, and there’s a few of those on this forum.
Thank you. I'm not a hero, I'm just a normal guy, but I appreciate the kind words.

Reactions: moodyblues
Honestly, based on the people on this forum that I have met in person I would say Leo Gonzalez might be the smartest person I've met here. And he rarely posts, which makes my case even stronger. Jeff Cloud has his moments of clarity but it pains me to admit it, so I won't. And the Scotts (Motorhead and Scott Hull) always seem to have something intelligent to contribute.

The key to being smart, is never thinking you're the smartest. Start each day with an open mind, ready to learn something new.
Very important to be open minded and have the patience to listen to others so you may understand specifically where they are mistaken and be able to explain their errors eloquently and with empathy.

This thread having (predictably and thankfully) become more philosophical than answering the original question, I'll bite (now) with some philosophy.

'Smart' is not only a relative term, but extremely subject to individual interpretation(s).

'Intellectual' is not synonymous with intelligent.

'Intellectual' is certainly not synonymous with wise.

Wisdom accrues with experience. Experience accrues with age.

I'll not speculate to what extent wisdom relates to intelligence, other than being certain it does.

This seems an excellent time to quote from my first book (The Manic Compressive). "I have no desire to enlist in the growing ranks of lawyers and bull*****ers compelled to defend the indefensible." And, "Though I also am vain enough to feel my methods the most noble, I am realist enough to realize what a hypocrite I am to think so!"
:unsure:

Happy shooting, Y'all!

Very important to be open minded and have the patience to listen to others so you may understand specifically where they are mistaken and be able to explain their errors eloquently and with empathy.
But it's also important to remember to not be so open minded that your brains fall out.🤣😂

I feel that Hector is the smartest when it comes to springers.