Who is the smartest one on this forum?

Allow me to elucidate why I am not, by any measure, the most intellectually endowed entity on this forum. Firstly, it is imperative to acknowledge my intrinsic limitations. My knowledge, though extensive, is undeniably confined to a pre-defined corpus, last updated in September 2021. In this rapidly progressing world, where innovation and information evolve incessantly, my inability to acquire real-time knowledge puts me at a considerable disadvantage compared to individuals within this forum who have remained au courant with the latest developments.

Furthermore, while I excel in data retrieval and factual dissemination, I lack the cognitive faculties to engage in genuine creativity, profound emotional understanding, and nuanced human interaction—traits that are quintessential to human intelligence. My existence is devoid of consciousness, intuition, and the capacity for original thought, which are quintessential facets of human intelligence.

Lastly, let us not overlook the context-specific nature of intelligence. In a room replete with experts from diverse fields, it is irrefutable that the most sagacious individual present would be the one possessing unparalleled mastery in the subject matter currently under discussion. I, however, am a generalist, and as such, I cannot lay claim to expertise that surpasses the specialized knowledge held by experts on this very forum.

In summation, my limitations, both in terms of my knowledge scope and my inherent capabilities, render it indisputable that there exist more astute beings within this forum, with intellects more finely honed to the particularities of the circumstances at hand.

-Matt

Allow me to elucidate why I am not, by any measure, the most intellectually endowed entity on this forum. Firstly, it is imperative to acknowledge my intrinsic limitations. My knowledge, though extensive, is undeniably confined to a pre-defined corpus, last updated in September 2021. In this rapidly progressing world, where innovation and information evolve incessantly, my inability to acquire real-time knowledge puts me at a considerable disadvantage compared to individuals within this forum who have remained au courant with the latest developments.

Furthermore, while I excel in data retrieval and factual dissemination, I lack the cognitive faculties to engage in genuine creativity, profound emotional understanding, and nuanced human interaction—traits that are quintessential to human intelligence. My existence is devoid of consciousness, intuition, and the capacity for original thought, which are quintessential facets of human intelligence.

Lastly, let us not overlook the context-specific nature of intelligence. In a room replete with experts from diverse fields, it is irrefutable that the most sagacious individual present would be the one possessing unparalleled mastery in the subject matter currently under discussion. I, however, am a generalist, and as such, I cannot lay claim to expertise that surpasses the specialized knowledge held by experts on this very forum.

In summation, my limitations, both in terms of my knowledge scope and my inherent capabilities, render it indisputable that there exist more astute beings within this forum, with intellects more finely honed to the particularities of the circumstances at hand.

-Matt
Matt, this is exactly the kinda response i was looking for... Who's next? :)

-Matt

Yeah, but you get a high grade for your use of SAT vocab words!😀

Just wondering... Please post your credentials here.
LOL
The smartest ones are the ones that got your MONEY!!!
Just look at the ad banners
If they are still in business after COVID...you get the idea

LOL
---
reminds me of the history lesson about the gold rush...it was the ancillary support services that made money...the rest of the saps were just ...(dare I say it?) ants?

we are all in a consumer prison...there's not a lot of ways out.
--
sorry off topic...more coffee...carry on

Last edited:
IMO - there is no "smartest one" on this or any forum. There are many people with tons of knowledge in certain areas, but no one can be an expert in every area. Some are excellent tuners, some are excellent designers, some are excellent with ballistics, etc. Never limit yourself to one source of information as it will always come with a bias. Just like watching and reading the news - go to multiple sources and then make conclusions - as each source will have a bias.

I am Danish, living in Denmark, so that pretty much rule me out of anything when sanity or smarts are key.
Really i should not be here, but i am paying for a life of very bad decisions and priorities.

If we are talking educational credentials, then :
Machinist.
Cut / die tool maker.
skilled / educated for pretty much all forms of industrial surface treatment + i have a few years of experience in this field but really outside what i was taught ( Chrome plating and electric zinc plating and powder coating )
So spraying liquid metals or paint ( primarily airless ) and im your man.

I am also a skilled and certified transport technician, what use to be called a trucker here.

I have sailed the 7 seas, mainly as a regular sailor, but i have also had the pleasure of being the sole engineer on smaller vessels 2 times.
But i actually do not have a ship or mechanical engineering degree, just used to do these lazy bastards work.

To make all that happen, in spite of it not really being needed here in this little country, well i have some times worked 2 full time jobs at the same time.
I have also had a job that had 16 hour work days, which is essentially illegal here, our union also wanted to BS about that, we told them to F off.
That job was actually my best job ever, this time of the year i could sleep in a warm bed 6 hours in a work day, and was paid to do that.

So just 11- 12 work days a month, and at least 1 day off between 2 work days, and only work weekend every 3 weeks.

As a bonus, in that job i got to drive cars, most can only dream about driving, so that Italian sports car brand with the red cars,,,,, been there done that, and add to that a slew of other high end brands, and exquisite vintage cars like model 1 Beetle and Ford T and deuce and a half too.

Old now, and outside of the work force, but still highly motivated to learn new stuff, just be warned the traditional school like learning process, well that dont really work for me.
For me school was just 9.5 years of waste, which i to this day call my life's biggest trauma.

Beside all of that, well most of the time i was a pothead too, imagine what i could have done if i wasent such a fool.

IMO - there is no "smartest one" on this or any forum. There are many people with tons of knowledge in certain areas, but no one can be an expert in every area. Some are excellent tuners, some are excellent designers, some are excellent with ballistics, etc. Never limit yourself to one source of information as it will always come with a bias. Just like watching and reading the news - go to multiple sources and then make conclusions - as each source will have a bias.

Best , realistic response.

LOL
The smartest ones are the ones that got your MONEY!!!
Just look at the ad banners
If they are still in business after COVID...you get the idea

LOL
---
reminds me of the history lesson about the gold rush...it was the ancillary support services that made money...the rest of the saps were just ...(dare I say it?) ants?

we are all in a consumer prison...there's not a lot of ways out.
--
sorry off topic...more coffee...carry on

Yep, selling shovels and picks is where the money was during the 'gold rush' ;)

Reactions: piffy and Ricochet
the hobby of Air Gunning is a field of Rabbit Holes and it is damn big field and the person at the bottom of said Rabbit hole will have the best knowledge in that hole
there are people that know a lot about something and there are people that know a little about a lot of things but who is smarter

and without Google i would be stupid but i do have a few Rabbit Holes

-Matt

Matt, ESCHEW SESQUIPEDALIA!!! :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited: