Who is in Missouri?

I live in rural Missouri about an hour west of St. Louis, small town atmosphere with the benefits of the city close by. Relatively sane people. Many are small business friendly, good itrafurstructer, easy access to main highways, schools good. I love the Missouri River rolling hills, beautiful in the fall, winters aren't all that bad. Pack up and welcome to Missouri!

Joplin Mo. is pretty nice. Interstate 40 and I-79 I believe for major roads. Don't know about the taxes and stuff, but seems like lots of opportunities to build and such. Not too far from some pretty country. Or maybe pick something a little more rural and follow the Interstate north and pick out a town along the way. There is one called Nevada MO. It seems like a nice place to maybe put up a shingle.

I went to school in St. Louis but that was a couple of decades ago. Have lived in the Bay Area CA since I graduated and while the job market and weather are better here, I wouldn't mind getting out of CA in the not so distant future. Expensive as hell, more and more wildfires getting closer and closer to us every year, rampant homelessness and a slew of other problems (horrific gun laws) make me not love CA as much in recent years.

I lived in Clayton/University City when I was there but it's been so long that I can't really make any specific recommendations but the people in the Midwest were always super nice and welcoming. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the humidity ;)

Enjoy your vacation and good luck with your search!

Joplin Mo. is pretty nice. Interstate 40 and I-79 I believe for major roads. Don't know about the taxes and stuff, but seems like lots of opportunities to build and such. Not too far from some pretty country. Or maybe pick something a little more rural and follow the Interstate north and pick out a town along the way. There is one called Nevada MO. It seems like a nice place to maybe put up a shingle.

I live ten miles from the Nevada city limits. Pretty nice place to live around. Approx. 2 hours to KC, 1 hour to Joplin and 1.5 hours to Springfield. Everything is within reach from here. 

Spent today looking in Springfield for companies that could supply the machine shop side of our business and it does not really exist here. I only found a small amount of machine shops near Springfield so would be logical there is little supporting infrastructure.

There is no anodize or black oxide services in town. The steel supplier is tiny. Off to st Louis tomorrow to see if it has more resources to run our business. 

Running out of Springfield will have its challenges.

Nick, sorry you couldn't find what you wanted around Spfd.! It might not offer everything you need as well as the larger cities, but IF it is available, it might be worth the extra time/money to make it work because of the advantages of living around here over the larger cities! Your lower cost of living and lack of crime would make up for a lot of discrepancies if it were me.

Bought some of your .25 and .30 cal. pellets today for the first time to give them a try. The new .30 Crown MK II hasn't been shot yet, as I didn't have rings tall enough for the scope to fit and had to order new ones. Also, it had an air leak when I got it (leaked 50 bar) overnight, and I've been working with it to stop that problem. Got it down to where it's manageable now, and the rings are due in today, so I should have it set up to shoot tomorrow for Turkey Day! Hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving, and keep me informed about what you decide about your move.

Tom