• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Who is in Missouri?

I am in Missouri this week scouting if this is where I want to move NSA to, I need out of California and away from the tree huggers. Plenty of time for determining where I am moving to and doing some early investigation.

I am in Branson yesterday and today for a little vacation with my wife but tomorrow ( Monday) I am checking out Springfield for a couple of days and then on Wednesday driving to Saint Louis for a couple of days to check out the area.

If anyone from the area has any insights it would much appreciated. I need to be in an industrial area so I can move my bullet machines and also my cnc lathe and cnc mill. Also if anyone is familiar with what cities are good to live in - safe, nice and all that.

Thanks to anyone who responds.

Nick

I'd be happy to welcome you here! I'm north of Kansas City, rural-ish but a nice area.

Springfield and surrounding areas are wonderful as you have access to "big city" stuff like shopping, hardware/lumber, brick and mortar stores etc., but the proximity to the Ozarks is absolutely awesome. There would be plenty of industrial space in Springfield and they have a burgeoning airport that now serves multiple cities. Springfield is mostly safe, but like all metro areas has some crime. Same with KC metro and surrounding areas. Saint Louis will have even more access to big city stuff, more crime, more tax expense, and more restrictions from County and City laws. Overall STL is a nice place to live, just far busier than south MO. Of course, if you're used to CA, it's probably not even comparable.

Feel free to PM me if you have more specific questions and I'll be happy to try to answer. You have always served me well when buying ammo and I'm happy to try to return the favor.

Wow didn’t really notice you are in California, as small business I wouldn’t that’s for sure and I live here. Great idea on the move and there are many business friendly states to move to still. Surprised you didn’t check out Nevada first, personally I can’t stand middle, East and south because of the humidity. I know, I’m a delicate flower. Hahahaha 

If you're looking to get out of CA, you're doing it at the right time. The MO Ozarks are a great place to live, insulated from most of the strife that you see in today's large cities. We're just south of Springfield 15 minutes, and 30 minutes from Branson. I grew up out here, and left in '67 for the Navy, coming back 9 years ago in retirement after 35 years in VA. I worked the entire eastern half of the country in my job, and when it was time to get off the east coast, this is where we came back to. Great people, low cost of living, centrally located with major highways. Low crime rates, just stay out of North Springfield, excellent medical care (much better than VA), and the great outdoors for fishing, hunting, etc. And, I for one, am extremely happy to be in RED flyover country and out of the idiocy going on in VA now and I can only imagine that it's worse in CA! 

Send me an email if you'd like to get together and I'll be glad to help you in any way I can.

Tom

It all depends on how crowded you want it, I’m 30 min from cape Girardeau, I think just north of cape in the Jackson area would be nice. I’ll be working in the ozarks area and poplar bluff area for a little while. I personally think stlouis is okay depending on what part of town you are in. But if I was starting something, I would probably look in cape or Jackson area. 

Not to cut Missouri short, but, don't overlook Tennessee. No income tax. Business friendly. Low property taxes. Land prices are reasonable ( outside the cities). MODERATE WEATHER.

For all that is Holy, don't even pass through Illinois. This place SUCKS,

The only reason I stayed in Illinois is for the veteran benefits for my wife. 

A good place to be here in the Midwest!

My parents packed up and moved here in the winter of 1975 from Southern California and never looked back toting myself and two sisters along. For what it is worth in my opinion I would suggest a rural town. Contact a few and see what incentives they might offer for bringing in a new business. Bet you would be surprised in what you are offered. 

Follow up to your worry about facilities, many smaller cities have vacant warehouse/ factory units. Many will make favorable conditions to those who are interested.

All I'm saying is, don't discount the " villes" besides, the purchase , if you require ownership, will knock your socks off in comparison to Calif.

Get after it. We're waiting.

I'm in eastern Kansas , west of the KC metro area. The big metro areas of Missouri are just like anyplace else in the country were they suffer from big city crime and politics. The rest of the state is pretty much a freedom loving, self responsible kind of state and a governor that supports those kinds of freedoms. Don't overlook the smaller towns in the state. They are truly the jewels across our country. The southern half of the state will have milder winters in general and the Ozarks are beautiful as you well know already.

I would in courage you to contact the Dept of Commerce for any state, county, and city you are considering a move to. Jobs mean a lot and they can provide support in your search. 

Oh and Missouri allows AG hunting for deer....:) 

Follow up to your worry about facilities, many smaller cities have vacant warehouse/ factory units. Many will make favorable conditions to those who are interested.

All I'm saying is, don't discount the " villes" besides, the purchase , if you require ownership, will knock your socks off in comparison to Calif.

Get after it. We're waiting.

Amen!!