• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Who is best o-ring supplier?

Well, I finally need to replace the the o-rings in my BSA Lonestar air tank input valve. Called up AoA and they were out of BSA Lonestar o-ring kits.They advised that ordering a kit out of the UK would be my fastest fix. HOWEVER, I do not want to pay the $20 shipping charge, and I do not need a complete rebuild kit. AoA advised that my o-rings were metric, so no chance of getting o-rings at a hardware store, and I probably need 90 durometer o-rings, and it may be advisable to upgrade to Viton. I plan on increasing the power of my Loneatar, and will be pumping up to 250 Bar. I have been pumping up to 250 Bar anyway, since when I pump at room temperature and take it out in freezing weather, the pressure will reduce to 232 Bar. I store the rifle at full pressure as I want to use it at a moments notice. Viton may be a better choice??? I have had no prior experience with Viton. The air input valve has to put up with dusty Montana air. Impossible to keep dust out of things around here.

If anybody knows the dimensions of the BSA Lonestar air input valve o-rings, that would help, so I can immediately order. Would like to have the o-rings on hand before taking out the input valve assembly. The rifle is still useable if pumping up just before I have to use it. The rifle loses its air overnight, so not yet massively leaking. The o-rings have been lubricated, so that is not the issue. I checked with online suppliers of air rifle o-ring kits in the USA, and nobody listed the BSA Lonestar. I am in "powder burner" mode right now and having to work up loads for firearms now that the weather has improved, so work on the Lonestar is being put of for a couple of weeks, so I have time to wait for 0-rings. Just wondering what some of you guys have found as the best o-ring suppliers for air rifles.

Thanks for any useful info,

Beezer

My favorites-

oringsandmore.com for all your D70/D90 needs(except polyeurothane) and X rings. I went with MMCarr for poly o rings.

discounthydraulichose.com for all metric types of metal/rubber dowty seals

belmetrics.com for all metric style fasteners including pcp compressor compression hard line fittings

accu.co.uk for specialty fasteners like these dog point grub screws. Perfect for stainless conversions like folks have done on their impacts-

A837E8AF-A363-416E-A2B0-F28A5BE72401.1619694342.jpeg