• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

who has tuned a .25 daystate huntsman for more power

I am interested to see your responses. I'm no tuner, but I have owned a Huntsman (great rifle), so I'm generally familiar with it. My guess, you will find that it is not especially well adapted for high power tuning. You may need to change hammer springs and/or the hammer bushing. Since more spring power and transfer port capacity need to be kind of balanced, you may also need some machine work on the port. Since all of this demands more air, which is something the Huntsman does not have in great quantity, I expect if the power goal is reached, you may be disappointed in shot count. IMO, the Huntsman is a very good standard power rifle, and a great sub-12 fpe rifle, but maybe not the best candidate for high power tuning. But maybe we will hear from the folks who actually know what they are talking about. 

Brian, do you already own the gun? Or is this a gun you like a lot and want to purchase and tune up? If looking to buy, I personally would go another route, different gun with already capable power, perhaps power adjustable. If you already own the gun and from everything I have read, you may be able to squeeze a little more power out of it, but probably not much, shot count may suffer. I think I have read from others that the platform is more suited for .22 and .177. I had one in .22 and was very accurate at 30 yards and just gorgeous gun, I sold it on a whim, sometimes I wish I had kept it. Hopefully you can get better answers from more knowledgable folk. 

Masonb,

I got your your PM and decided to share the procedure here in case anyone else has the same questions. The first thing to do is remove the stock and then you'll have to cock it and put it on safety. Next locate the hole just in front of the trigger guard.

1579651845_2587786265e27930533c6c7.23290004_IMG_5577.jpg

More than likely it look just like this, just a hole. Next you'll need a long 3mm hex wrench, long enough to stick in the back of the safety switch housing and into the back of the hammer.

1579652257_4558436945e2794a1298624.07503169_IMG_5578.jpg
1579652270_10752015355e2794aec1a180.40315422_IMG_5579.jpg

Once it's inserted into the hex screw on the back of the hammer you can rotate the hammer in the housing. Nothing is going to unscrew and cause any issue, it's just going to rotate the hammer. Rotate the hammer while your looking into the hole and you'll see a hex set screw come into view. For what ever reason I found that a 5/64" hex wrench fit this set screw the best.

1579652417_17680984975e2795418cf5a3.03506126_IMG_5580.jpg
1579652487_3565719605e279587cc1245.72897657_IMG_5581.jpg

Next loosen this set screw a quarter turn or so and keep a hold of that hex wrench. You'll have to keep the hex wrench in the set screw and firmly hold it in place and not let the hammer turn while your adjusting the other wrench stuck in the back of the hammer. I'm 99% sure that clock wise from the back will increase the hammer strike. I wouldn't go anymore than 1/8" of a turn at a time. Keep track of how much your adjusting, maybe with a mark on the back of the safety switch housing in relation to your hex wrench. After you make this minor adjustment snug up the set screw in the hole to keep your adjustment where you left it. You can then load a pellet and fire it across your chronograph to see what the speed change is. As you increase (in this case) the hammer strike you'll more than like have to increase your fill pressure some to keep your bell curve where you want it. Hope this is clearer than mud..

Jimmy

Reactions: Peskådot671
Huma regulators actually offer a power plennum “xxl” for this : https://www.huma-air.com/Daystate-Huntsman-FAC-pressure-regulator read down in link.

Would love to try this out. Believe might need change to transfer port and spring. Very easily done though. Whats more cumbersome and reason I haven’t jumped on this in Revere in .25 yet is all the work of tuning the speed to beat accuracy..

I have a Beaumont and this guy said he could get 44ft lbs(up from 40 stock) with just spring adjustments. 

Any suggestions, experience in this specific set up I’d love to hear. 

By the way fx hybrids in 22 does well in the 40fb lbs version I’ve heard?