• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Who has the most reliable compressor?

Raden1942, Though I've had a couple of issues with my AV I still like it very much. If I could only spend $1200 max I would buy another one. They have a 1 year warranty and they paid for a return trip to Ohio for a warranty issue. Their service is also great whether it be talking you through a repair job or sending you a part. I regularly fill two 75cuft tanks and top off a couple of steel 4500# 300cuft cylinders so it gets a work over.

Jking

Wow you have patience if you can wait a whole night just to fill your tank with that slow airforce compressor. Many want to fill it in and hour or less. Not 10 hours plus. Even a $260 Yong Heng will fill that tank from empty to full in a little over an hour. If you want to most reliable compressor. The Bauer is the one. They have years of experience building commercial compressor. And their compressor are build for firefighters and Suba diving. So you are getting the best air into your tank. Most airgun compressor are not build for breathing. 

i got an airtex45 had it 2 yrs no issues only 1 filter had to be replaced I use it alot for tanks and guns it fills a 95 cu ft tank in like 5 minutes and fills guns in like 30 seconds prior I had a modair and it broke many times i needed a better one I am happy with what I got , There is a paint store near by I almost bought one of them he said he wanted 1500 for each one and it costs like 1500 to overhaul one if you sent it to them , but parts were like 500 . so for 2000 to 3000 for Bauer ,I decided to get the airetex it was on sals the place that sells them he is a mechanic on them so he knows them in and out . SO I decided to go with a new Airetex , but I am sure the Bauer is a great unit the guy who had them saiud they cost like 6k each , Let me know if u want me to see if he still has one for sale i can get u his number here is mine . I think with the sale price and shipping it was either 2500 or 3000 . I am very happy with it my modair one had 10 hours on it and it went threw 9 power switches 1 cable 2 hoses , and 9 sets of rings and 1 water pump . my new one is quiet too , my old one had to use water to cool it and I would put ice in it wrap cyl head with ice packs , it was a nitemare to fill a tank . in summer i would have to shut is down like every few minutes , I could never go back .lol here is mine

LOU

http://www.airgunwarehouseinc.com/py-a-3548.html

I've rebuilt my Shoebox 1 time in five years since I bought it used for about $300. Took me about 30 minutes and about $10 worth of parts. Its not fast, but I just turn it on in the garage and let it run until the tank is full which usually take about an hour to go from 3000 to 4500. It's been by far the best airgunning money I've spend since I developed this habit. I thought about upgrading to a new Shoebox, but then I thought what's the point. This one runs like a tank and gets the job done and I don't have to try and explain to my wife what the heavy box on the front porch is :)

Alkin from Doug Noble. 2 year warranty & Doug’s lifetime of service. Fills from 2-4500 psi in 15 minutes & 3-4800 psi in 10 minutes. 100% duty cycle which means run the base model Mariner one for 10 hours straight if need be. US Navy uses Alkin. Bauer’s are good but they also have a bigger mark up. Plus all parts are stocked for Alkin right in NJ warehouse.

+1 (805) 320-3026 Doug will call when able. He’s on West Coast time. 

Raden1942, Though I've had a couple of issues with my AV I still like it very much. If I could only spend $1200 max I would buy another one. They have a 1 year warranty and they paid for a return trip to Ohio for a warranty issue. Their service is also great whether it be talking you through a repair job or sending you a part. I regularly fill two 75cuft tanks and top off a couple of steel 4500# 300cuft cylinders so it gets a work over.

Jking

I think your ready for EBR..book your spot Ill come and cheer you on!

The Omega Supercharger I have has been faultless for about 100 hours for me so far. Bauer has the best reputation as far as I know and the Jr is in the 3k area. There was a survey a short time back that asked for brand , hours, and problems . I thought it was going to be a sticky thread but you might search for it. A lot of participation when I last looked at it.

Bob

Depends on the pressure you're trying to achieve. I can't recommend the EPump for 4500 PSI because the gear is not overhead of the pump shaft which results in lateral forces being applied at higher pressures which require greater down force. This in turn results in some frame twist which appears to cause the gear rod teeth to ram against the guide press collar. Then bad things happen -- https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/catastrophic-airforce-epump-failure/

I'm currently running a Daystate LC-110/Coltri MCH-3 and have been pleased. 1 hr 15 minutes with the ePump to take 3000 PSI -> 4500 PSI in a 90 cu-in bottle. 7 minutes with the Daystate -- 2 minutes to run it open, 3 minutes to fill it, 2 minutes to run it open.

It takes a lot of mechanical effort and force to get something to 4500 PSI. I suspect the ePump works great up to 250 bar without issue. If you're not going to hit 4500 PSI then there are a plethora of inexpensive compressors to chose from. If you're going to be filling bottles at 4500 PSI and shoot regularly like I recommend paying a little more up front for a quality compressor to avoid paying $300-$500 then paying a lot when it breaks down.

These are just my opinions and shared experiences.

1556199836_9264064395cc1b99ca15d49.02321116_575933475.jpg
I have an Airetex 45 that has been flawless. Fills really fast and my only compliant would be the size. Its not one that I can load in the truck by myself. Takes up a little more room than I want and have been thinking of trying the smaller Daystate compressor. Airetex has a mini magnum that might work for me as well. 

Alkin from Doug Noble. 2 year warranty & Doug’s lifetime of service. Fills from 2-4500 psi in 15 minutes & 3-4800 psi in 10 minutes. 100% duty cycle which means run the base model Mariner one for 10 hours straight if need be. US Navy uses Alkin. Bauer’s are good but they also have a bigger mark up. Plus all parts are stocked for Alkin right in NJ warehouse.

+1 (805) 320-3026 Doug will call when able. He’s on West Coast time.

Hands down from what I have seen personally the Alkin is as top notch as they come, the lower rpm makes it pretty quiet and maintenance free. (Definitely high end) For the average Airgunner this compressor should last a lifetime.