• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Who has a Steyr Air Gun and loves it?

What Steyr are you after?

I have a Hunting 5, it's amazing.

Other guns I own.

FX T12 (.22)
Kalibrgun Colibri
SPA P10

The Steyr is deadly accurate and not only that but the biathlon cocking lever is superb. It's actually better to reload than the Colibri as you can reload the gun in the standing position without taking your eye off target. Keep your stance and hand position and just lift your index finger and flick the lever to reload.

I let my mate have a go at the range the other day and he was smitten.

It's one of those guns I'd seen in pics and been a bit meh. But I said to my mate, I bet it's the type of gun you see in the metal and love it. It was indeed!

Mid you want to know anything specific let me know.

With Steyr LG110 you are getting match air rifle with 40j power. It is the best gun you can get. It will out shoot them all it is that good. Impact however is a super cool take down rifle that can be taken anywhere in a luggage case size box.

Buy either Steyr or Impact. Raw is an old design and not very trendy. FX in that department rules. But Steyr will beat them all. The build quality is stunning. Trigger can be adjusted to insane levels of precision. There is nothing like it.

Your choice would be influenced by the units intended use. As an aside, why stop at one?
I own and shoot a Steyr LG-110HP hunting, Daystate Airwolf, FX-400, two Crickets and a 25 Marauder. 
The Steyr has probably the best mechanical trigger on the market, is single shot, very accurate for a 18-20 FT lb gun, somewhat heavy, nice accessory rail built into metal forend, ca 60 shots per fill, no built in suppressor.
Daystate Airwolf 25 is very accurate, excellent electronic trigger, somewhat heavy, ca 50 shots on high and 175 on low power, virtually silent with the Huggett.
Crickets are very accurate, no safety, synthetic stocked versions are heavy, trigger is quite manageable, very effective factory suppressor, appear to be very efficient is using air, magazine system is not designed for rapid change.
FX-400 with reproducible three level power adjuster is a favorite, good trigger and safety, moderately effective factory installed suppressor, accurate and light weight.
Marauder 25 is a bargain for the buck, 16 good shots from a fill, 1000 yard accuracy challenges both the Cricket and Airwolf, trigger could be improved. 
I regularly shoot BR and BR silo and less frequently FT. I use the Steyr for indoor BR and 25 meter shoots, the Airwolf and Cricket 25 for 100 meter shoots, the 22 Cricket or FX-400 for outdoor BR and silo shoots, while the 25 Marauder is used to discourage critters from my dock at 140 yards.