• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Who first made this design?

With the advancement of pcp airguns I see this trend of bullpup design, side lever cocking, pellet probe delivering the projectile from far back behind the action, bladed trigger, big carbon fiber bottle up front, and tactical AR type build. While this is all fine and dandy, and boy do I love my FX Impact, I'm just wondering who first designed this build? Was it just ideas from different manufacturers along the way? Did one brilliant guy make this design and other Companies copied and made changes and improvements themselves? And I get that some of the examples I put up might function a bit differently from one another, but what I'm getting at is all these designs are relatively similar in build. Thoughts?

lcs-air-arms-sk-19-_1__1.jpg

65366-Vzduchovka-RTI-Prophet-II-5-5mm-Performance-Black.jpg

rightprofilenoscopedonny_6d7ffc66-c00e-404f-a9a6-83415fc00595_1280x.jpg

brk-ghost22hpblk copia-1000x1000.jpg

Dang -

As is normal...a quick look into Google...will provide you with the answers that you seek !!

The design was looked into in the very early 1900's, but didn't become a reality on the battlefield until the mid 1950's, and didn't become widely known until the mid-late 1970's with the Steyr AUG.

As far as, air powered guns following firearm form...don't know, I'm new to the airgun form, but I'm glad it did.

Mike

Well getting into the Tactical designs... using and pistol grip and AR15 buttstock........
Chip Smith. was the FIRST!!!!!
With his Chassis For the Theoben Rapid....
I Planned on using a Rapid Receiver with a Ti. Airtube.
I then ask Chip when was going to do another run of his Tactical Chassis, could he make a custom one for me!
He told no problem, he just need long piece of aluminum, and a couple of minutes of CAD time.!
Here what he came up with...My California Varmint Special as he called it!
Chip doing some Machining..
DSC02048.jpg

Here it is in the RAW
chip.jpg

I had do a couple of changes before Hard Anodizing it!
I also made an adapter to use a standard AR style pistol grip!!
Also along the way I got on of his Titanium Receivers!!
Final%20ti-rapid.jpg

Here is a photo of my design next to the standard chassis for a bottle Rapid....
cz2.jpg

So the rest is Airgun history!!!