Who else is lucky to be able to shoot in there backyard?

Was just out today playing with the Anschutz 8002. She is silent and a blast to shoot. Have a stack of 6x6 yard timbers as a backstop. Nothing is going through them at 30 yards.
16845440153682225979399542113988.jpg

Reactions: Florida_Man
This has to be the most depressing post i have seen on this forum

People own PRIVATE lands and have spaces where they can shoot to 200 yards.

meanwhile i have like 9 yards

-.-
Come to America! As far as I know we are still welcoming to immigration, especially if you’d like to purchase land and come from the old world 😉

-Marty

This is off my covered deck, 200 yards,20230514_134525.jpg presently can shoot from an upstairs window, but need to change a window downstairs so I can shoot from 1 st floor and be close to the wood stove. Possibly cut a few more trees and get more from this spot. Need to stack some pallets to fill in the dip at 100 yds. There is another more flat approach angle at this hillside from the right, with a shoot shed. Will get some pics.

I have a maximum of 33 yards, but I make it work.

My most recent rifle purchase I finally embraced that this is the distance maximum I shoot the most, since its my backyard. So I went with a compact 177 to challenge myself and have a lot of fun.
Ditto --- this is why I sold my .25 L2 --- just more gun than I can use with regularity. If I'm going through the rigamarole to go to the range, I'm shooting clays.

Reactions: Florida_Man
what state would u recommend.

Im right wing conservative
love guns
dont like liberals at all
I live in what American’s consider a “liberal” state. That said, in most such states the people who don’t like guns are mostly isolated to the cities. So even if you pick a liberal state you can still live a good life if the state hasn’t passed too strict gun laws. I’d start with this map for a feel of which states are conservative friendly. Red = conservative.

-Marty

Well, I don't have the acreage that some of you enjoy shooting in, but I do have a half acre lot with 35 yards of shooting range in my back yard. Neighbors on three sides; with the back neighbors being down the hill. I'm also in North County San Diego, so the weather is good for shooting most times! That also means that shooting firearms means some long travel times through omnipresent traffic from my house through the suburban and exurban megalopolis! When I use the full length of the back yard I am reminded what a good shooter I'm not.