Who else is lucky to be able to shoot in there backyard?

I am definitely spoiled!

Range_01.JPG

I have at least 25 yards to safely shoot in my backyard. 30 yards if I use a big tree as my backstop. I also have 50 yards that is on a down slope with a 12 foot elevated target holder but no solid backstop. Just the tree line although it's not too safe. On the other side of my property, I have up to 100 yards but it's in a valley so no flat ground to comfortably set up targets. There's a road that separates it and other houses nearby so it's not ideal. I envy you guys with huge property.

My property is a mile from end to end, but the terrain is undulating and there's about 380ft of elevation change from the lowest to the highest point. There's a few places where I can shoot out to about 300-400 yards, which is good enough for me. Right now I just have a few cans setup at various distances (15-50 yards) that I can shoot at from the comfort and shade provided by the barn. There's also a zip line on the property that I use for make shift moving targets from time to time.

I was born and raised in a large congested city in the northeast. I was given a bb gun when I was 10 and shot it all the time in our small backyard. Even though that same city is my primary residence I did purchase a cabin on 2 wooded acres 175 miles due north. It is where I keep and enjoy my airguns. I can shoot any distance at any time. On my road there are only three other houses on 18 acres. There is also a 500 acres tract of state land 1 mile down the road on which I can hunt small game. The place has been my sanctuary for over twenty years now.

DSCN0356.JPG

I finally got set up! It took some time and effort. My wife agreed to the idea of a backyard range only after I designed it to be bomb proof. It is a 4' x 4' mobile backstop built with 1.5" of maple plywood and 1" of neoprene facing on it. The tub is filled with 5 bags of rubber mulch and is currently sitting out at 32 yards and I can move the back stop out to my neighbor's fence and it will be at 55 yards. If I was to get adventurous (read stupid) I could shoot leftward and have 100 yard range, just no fence behind my backstop and unfortunately the possibility of the other neighbors kids running through the lane, so not likely to happen any time soon. It is a work in progress, but it is mine to use whenever I want to, so I'm happy

20220913_180938.jpg

20220916_125832.jpg

20220916_125809.jpg

20220916_154520.jpg