Who else is lucky to be able to shoot in there backyard?

Hoping to do so in the near future I have 1.7 acres to work with, so enough distance. Question about a backstop folks,

I'm planning to take a sheet of 4 x 8 maple plywood 3/4" thick cut in 1/2 and doubled up with 2" of rubber padding on the face of it. Does this sound adequate to stop a .22 @ about 30 foot pounds or do I need more protection for safety.
Skip the rubber padding angle the boards and put sheet steel on the them. The angle will deflect the pellets to the ground. It'll be noisy but last for ever with no maintenance

I shoot right off my back porch. 93AD6E78-0B70-4E50-AE2D-50F08767B77E.jpeg 48 ft. wide and covered. At each end I have a Stable Table. Same targets different angle. I also use the different tables to dodge the sun and wind. I shoot across my driveway into a 12’ high berm. 8C45B359-8621-4BCF-A4CC-6B27302B1CEC.jpeg I have a pile of granite rocks I’ll be using to hold first bank of soil. My range should soon be under construction.
I can squeeze 40 yds. on this range which is all I need because I only shoot springers. I have others areas I can shoot 100 yds. I shoot every day. Also I have lighting for nite use, which is different. Crow

I am fortunate to have room to shoot in the backyard and a wife that is tolerant of all the targets that I've set up all over the place. I initially bought a lot of AR500 steel for firearms training but they're great for airguns too. No neighbors close by but still limited to 50yds max. Mostly shooting in the 35-40yd range. Very few chippies, tree rats, etc even tho it's heavily wooded.
1659756124214.png

1659756293451.png
Old circular saw blades have a great ring when hit. The AR500 steel targets make a hard smack on impact. Helps to appreciate the energy on impact. In the process of building another target stand to replace the cable and plastic bottles to the left.
1659756434324.png
This is hard to see but 1" and 2" gongs nailed to these dead trees @ ~40yds

Hello everyone,

Here is my Backyard Range. I have just over 1-acre but located in the middle of a National Forest so no problem with shooting and noise. I use my Roll Around Target for 10-meters out to 25-yards and occasionally out to 30-yards when I set it up next to my in-place 30-yard target to allow more than one target to be shot. Next is my in-place 50-yard and then the 80-yard. The Blue covers on the 30 and 50 yard is a waterproof material to protect the cardboard backing for the paper targets. Very simple and basic setup but it does a good job for me.

Have a great day,
ThomasT

Backyard Range-1.jpg

0806220902_HDR.jpg

That's my make shift range off of my deck. Using pipes and old saw blades. I just got an HW100 .22 ST and hadn't had an airgun since the late 80s/early 90s; which was a Beenman R1 Magnum in .22.

That's facing north, on the east side I will set up a range that is more level. I have maybe 150 yards over there that can be made into a range with a heavily treed chapparel backdrop.

Reactions: douger
If I couldn't shoot at home I probably would shoot a lot less and I may have never discovered the amazing world of adult airgunning.

I had a bb gun as a kid and an American Classic as a teen. I also had (still have) a 7mm magnum that was a Christmas gift from my dad when I was 15. As a grown married man with young kids living on two acres I picked up a Gamo break barrel to shoot in my yard so I didn't leave my wife and kids behind when I wanted to shoot. One thing lead to another and I found that I really enjoyed the quality airguns that I was able to shoot from the convenience of my own home. I hope to always have a place to shoot on my own property.

Who else is lucky to be able to shoot in there backyards? It so nice not having to travel to the range and deal with all the idiots shooting powder burners when your there 😀

View attachment 280935

View attachment 280936

Back yard, front yard. Neighbors yard! But I live in a rural area and thank the Lord daily for putting me there. Couldn’t stand having close neighbors.

Reactions: Greenarrow