Who else is lucky to be able to shoot in there backyard?

Who else is lucky to be able to shoot in there backyards? It so nice not having to travel to the range and deal with all the idiots shooting powder burners when your there 😀

42554727-758D-4A0B-850F-D95F849B85D3.jpeg

B2EC4532-6FE5-48CA-9754-5333D5FE6B29.jpeg

I shoot air guns in my back yard too. That's the main reason why I got seriously into air guns. My reasons are exactly the same as yours. I don't have to pack up all my gear, deal with the drive and the other people at the range.
It's really nice to just be able to step out side and shoot all I want. I normally shoot out to 50 yards but I have the room to stretch it further if need be.

Whats sad is people who live in ans citizens of the usa got to lock themselves up in a basement with the best modetators in use so not to cause alarm or offend there neighbors or threaten with arrest... G0d bless America. Shows that 2ed amendment is only ad good as the paper ot wrote on if you can't back it up any better then that . Just sad.. yup , you allowed that to be consessioned , chipped away to near death.

Hoping to do so in the near future I have 1.7 acres to work with, so enough distance. Question about a backstop folks,

I'm planning to take a sheet of 4 x 8 maple plywood 3/4" thick cut in 1/2 and doubled up with 2" of rubber padding on the face of it. Does this sound adequate to stop a .22 @ about 30 foot pounds or do I need more protection for safety.

Reactions: HubenK1Sniper92
Those are some nice setups!

I live in north Dallas and we specifically bought some acreage out in the county specifically for this hobby. I have a heated and air conditioned shop that I shoot from. I have a shooting bench just inside the window that looks out over 80y of targets. If I set a table up outside I can get a clean 100y.
For the last few years I've been shooting down a "shooting lane" that I cleared by hand with a weedeater equipped with a circular forestry blade. A couple weeks ago a neighbor helped me out with his bobcat and brush hog attachment. Now I have a 40y wide shooting lane. I shoot on it weekly.

Screenshot_20220805-152746_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220805-152804_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220805-152908_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220805-152859_Gallery.jpg

I shoot on my back porch,Have an air conditioner set up when its over 100 and Have a heater when its below 35 , 48 yards and 50 yards max, 20 years ago before the oil boom I had 150 yards , as all the houses spring up now I only have my yard,
That's the thang you may be the only house on the block for now but in 20 years if you didn't buy a big plot of land the houses will come up around you.
Mike

Hoping to do so in the near future I have 1.7 acres to work with, so enough distance. Question about a backstop folks,

I'm planning to take a sheet of 4 x 8 maple plywood 3/4" thick cut in 1/2 and doubled up with 2" of rubber padding on the face of it. Does this sound adequate to stop a .22 @ about 30 foot pounds or do I need more protection for safety.
what yardage is the backstop ? 3/4 inch x 2 seems a little overkill

Reactions: HubenK1Sniper92