Who else has too many scopes?

I seem to have a scope addiction and currently have way more scopes than rifles to put them on. I have around 20 just laying around looking for a home. Most of these aren’t inexpensive either and for some reason I can’t bring myself to sell them even though I know I will most likely not be using them for some time if at all. I am much more likely to let go of an airgun than I am a scope and I have no idea why. Does anyone else have a similar situation or am I just scope crazy? 

@Cannonball I don’t do that, but I do like to try different scopes from time to time. Do you typically leave a scope on a gun once you find a decent paring or do you find yourself affixing different scopes to the same gun for different applications? If you have 8 guns all scoped with 20 additional scopes lying around, you may be a little gung ho. But if you have 50 scoped guns with 20 additional scopes I don’t think that’s so bad if you have a use for most of the surplus glass. 

I LIKE scopes! A lot.

I understand you!!

I just don't have the cash to do it....

But if money was abundant, I might be buying all those scopes that are the best in their respective categories....

Just in case I might need them....

We are completely normal, I assure you, there's not a shred of evidence that might point to any kind of addiction, not the tiniest tendency toward materialism, no slippery slope toward hoarding. Nothing. At all.

Matthias

DDD9C10E-9325-4925-9057-6BC8043B311B.1645503528.jpeg

I did the thing where I tried for "good but cheap". (Alpha, Truglo)

Didn't work too well, so sold those off.

The good scopes I kept so far are mostly considered "mid range" price, (Hawke, Cabellas Covenant) leading up to the low range of the high end (Meopta, Crimson trace) One of my mounted "mid range" is terrible (MTC) and I just haven't gotten around to replacing it yet.

With all this, I too have ended up with a few boxed scopes laying around. the reality is that right now I have only two rifles set up with scopes that I KNOW I will not swap out. Those two scopes just work too well with the rifle they are mounted on. The rest I'm still experimenting with, and will keep doing so until they satisfy me as well as the combos I like.

Cannonball , you don't have a scope problem per se, you just need more airguns to put them on.

Cannonball,

LISTEN to the voice of reason.

And let your friends at AGN help you.

Let's see, do you already own an Impact? No, not the old and outdated MKI or MKII, but the M3. 

How about some British precision — I promise the Red Wolf will kill any quarry you put in its harm's way, squirrels, pigeons, rats, even sheep.

I think everybody should at least have one of the indestructable EDguns. Semi-auto, manual magazine fed, or single shot?

I'm sure others have even better suggestions than I to help you out in your dilemma.

Matthias