Whitetail deer question

Had to take mine moving, but got a double lung on a small doe with the .457 Texan Carbine CF. I'm using 300 grain Mr Hollowpoints at about 840.

On the doe and a couple hogs I have gotten heart/lung shots on, I am finding that I am not getting a pass through. It's doing massive internal damage, but I am not getting a blood trail to follow. I think a slightly more solid slug may help in that regard, because I am getting huge expansion with the Mr Hollowpoints.

I did get a good head shot on a hog and dropped it instantly. I would say to take the best kill shot you can. If standing still enough, then go for the head or neck for a DRT. If not, then hit them in the boiler house where a few inches either way is still a kill shot. It really depends on what shot you have.

I have a Texan 457 shooting the NSA 280gr hpbt neck shot dropped my doe in her tracks and 2 years ago I dropped a doe with my Badger 40 at 70 yards with a Mr. Hollowpoint 180gr I'm a firm believer in neck shots dropping them in their tracks, I hate having to trail them through the brushy areas I've been hunting in.
20201214_103719.1611495920.jpg
20201119_164541.1611495921.jpg
20201119_164535.1611495923.jpg

I shot 2 does with the Badger second to last day of our season. They were 30 and 60 yards apart. The first dropped on the spot and didn’t twitch. The second one froze there looking at me while I reloaded. She dropped on the spot too. But she did lift her head up a couple times, so I finished her in the back of the head. I shoot deer with the Badger just like I do with the bow, right behind the shoulder. Other then these 2, most all have run about 70 yards before dropping. With cold weather changing my psi in my gun makes a big change on poi. That and being cold and maybe a little anchise, not to mention being busted, I shoot for the lungs and hope for a pass through. 

So has anyone else noticed that head and neck shots leave a lot of blood in the tissue like I have? I think I want them to bleed out as much as possible before they expire. And it only seams to be noticeable on older deer, I've shot yearlings in the neck and they don't seem to have the bloody tissue like older deer do? I don't know I may be seeing things?