white tails with high power pcp airguns in ct

Current through January 11, 2024
Section 26-66-1 - Behavior and Actions of Hunters(a) The method of taking wild birds and wild mammals by hunting shall be restricted to firearms, high velocity air guns using a single ball or pellet type projectile, and compound, long or recurved bow, or crossbow In designated areas, by special permit, the commissioner may allow the use of modified versions of air guns or archery implements to achieve wildlife management objectives. No arrow or projectile which is coated with or contains any drugs, poison or known tranquilizing substance may be used or possessed while engaged in archery hunting.

different source:
from the deep website
High-Velocity Air Guns - Are restricted to those that use a single ball or pellet-like projectile. Additional restrictions on the use of air guns are the same as those for rifles and handguns.

connecticut is allowing the hunt of deer with high velocity air rifles about time!!!! no more trips to New Hampshire

Good for you guys. Here in PA we're still trying to figure out if this state will advance freedom as most people here would anticipate, or if we'll continue to be swindled with early morning vote dumps, not to mention the to-be-expected "machine glitches", exceeding the amount of registered voters. Until that topic is settled I guess I'll be hunting squirrels and sticking to bow season for other things. Which I can't hit with an arrow because I suck...

Reactions: Contndr35BB
Wow! they may want to be a bit more specific as to what type of air rifles are to be allowed in the taking of big game like white tails..
“High-velocity” could be a Gamo .177 cal break barrel 🤔
You need 500 fpe

Screenshot_20240130_145808_Samsung Internet.jpg