Whiscombe Air Rifle Why?

No expert here, but I believe the "other guy" is Fred Vollmer. He used to occasionally post a gun or parts for sale on the AA classifieds. The only reason I know about him is spending Waaaaay too much time checking the classifieds! I think Johnny Piston is a Whiscombe owner -he may chime in.

There was some years way back a Whiscombe owners forum via Yahoo. Fred Postered there a lot. If I recall he lived in Florida. and had a complete collection of Whiscombe airrifles.

One for sale on eBay jw80 if anyone is looking for one, pricey tho$$$$.

As much as I would like to have a Whiscombe again I wouldn`t buy it for that kind of money even if the money was handed down to me. They are the Rolls Royce of springpowedered airguns ofcouse but still....
The JW80 does a full +30ft(ibs in .22cal. Mine did +23 ft/ibs in .177cal. With the right pellet its a 130 yard plinker. Not many springers can compete with that.

Reactions: Bandito
I have a JW80 MK2 with 3 barrels that I've discussed here a bit. Acquired from a close friend's estate a couple years ago.
Until a few weeks ago I only marveled at it's beauty, having no knowledge how to operate it.
A list member reached out to me with extensive info on what to do and what not to do,
along with plenty of advise on lubrication, etc. I've only shot it a few times before the weather here turned bad.
Kris R.
Monson, MA USA

IMG_E3532.JPG

I'd like to see either Air Arms or Hatsan make a copy of it.
Air Arms, because I believe they'd do it right, and while I doubt they'd equal the originals, I'm sure they'd still be gorgeous and very accurate.
Hatsan, because they'd do it cheap and dirty, crank the power up to 11 and sell it for under $600.