• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

While we're on FX liners

Whoa Nelly! The liners are $400??!!

If that’s the case my obvious solution is buy LW blanks pay buddy $15 bucks to turn it & drop it in. I was his favorite bouncer & he, a Gunsmith/FFL holder got me into air guns plus I get him bar stock at prices he can’t beat. I can get most anything tooling or instrumentation at prices most can’t beat except the people selling that don’t know what they’re getting rid of. Just got 3rd Starrett that’s MSRP is WAY over the $12.00 I paid.

Yeah I’m a bargain hunter. Condor, FX Elite. Easy & less than $200 or liners that are $400? Really? I had no idea so much for the liners.

Whoa Nelly! The liners are $400??!!

If that’s the case my obvious solution is buy LW blanks pay buddy $15 bucks to turn it & drop it in. I was his favorite bouncer & he, a Gunsmith/FFL holder got me into air guns plus I get him bar stock at prices he can’t beat. I can get most anything tooling or instrumentation at prices most can’t beat except the people selling that don’t know what they’re getting rid of. Just got 3rd Starrett that’s MSRP is WAY over the $12.00 I paid.

Yeah I’m a bargain hunter. Condor, FX Elite. Easy & less than $200 or liners that are $400? Really? I had no idea so much for the liners.

I think he was just referring to the cost of a whole new barrel (to change to a different caliber), which cost c.$400.00

No, they're not $400.00.

More like $109.00.

Hey Bob, 

I’m asking if I can get a master barrel that takes FX liners for my FX Elite that has interchangeable barrels that drop in & held dead tight by 4 set screws V’d 2 on each side, top of receiver.

I don’t know if price of one master & a bunch of liners would be worth it or just get a few more dedicated barrels. I’m interested in what they come out with, especially various twist rates for slugs. But I can also get various barrels in almost any length or twist I want for Elite or Condor. 

I guess what I should be asking besides price of liners & master that holds them is does the master barrel limit you to the length of 500-700mm’s?

I have unlimited air. I’m not hunting in brush but if I do I have shorter dedicated air guns. I always preferred longer efficient barrel PCP’s but be it 500,600,700mm liners I’m also comparing free floated to tensioned. 

OK,Whoa!

Those of you who don't own Impacts, possibly don't know that to change calibers you must buy barrel, liner and probe kit. $400

While if made like i suggested, liner and probe only. But since breach and orifice are 

in barrel assy, probably not feasible.

So a question for you Sir is would you prefer FX had kept The Elite or is the new system better? Direct flow through bolt on Elite & TP for liners.

I know lots of guys that wish The Tarantula & Elite we’re still made. Just curious what y’all think.

OK,Whoa!

Those of you who don't own Impacts, possibly don't know that to change calibers you must buy barrel, liner and probe kit. $400

While if made like i suggested, liner and probe only. But since breach and orifice are 

in barrel assy, probably not feasible.

Yeah we know that, same as crown, streamline (I think), dreamline. How about the liner retainers on both ends? Like mentioned the liners probably need to be a certain thickness to work with the machine to press the liner with rifling. Can't have one size that does all calibers unfortunately.

The outer sleeve is the only thing that could possibly be interchangeable between calibers.

I doubt these liners cost FX more than a buck to manufacture.

I doubt all their guns, no limits mounts, mags, cost 1/4 of what they are selling for. It's fx. All their products are expensive.

Now on topic. Op is referring to why can't f make all liner in caliber same so we can buy .177/.22/.25/.30 liner and put in our gun instead of paying $400 to switch cal. Makes sense but fx wants more money duh. By making each liner different size they can force the costumers to pay full price to switch. Clever idea. That's why I stick to only one cal.

Assuming if the outer sleeve that the liner sits in was larger for say a 30cal, could different size bushing/o rings be used?

The outer sleeve is the same, otherwise a .30 cal barrel kit wouldnt fit in a .25 impact etc. But possibly using a .30 barrel kit with different sized bushing or orings could work. But would need to be basically perfect so everything lines up right.

Barrel sleeve and brass barrel inlet are all the same OD.

I doubt these liners cost FX more than a buck to manufacture.

What about the machines to make them? Cheap stuff? How about R&D cost? Peanuts?

Why then, can you buy LW barrels for $112? A little machining to fit the receiver and cut/crown the end is all that's necessry. I have an FX rifle with the teensy-weensy barrel and it shoots good, but I also have air rifles with LW barrels that shoot just as good and have some meat in them for stability. Don't get me wrong, the FX system is a good idea for those that want interchangeability, but how many use that feature?