Which would you decide on? Uragan Compact vs Vixen Compact in 22

This is just rattling inside this cage of a head of mine….Uragan Compact vs the Vixen Compact in 22.

There seems to be a lot of cross over between these two guns. I know different design etc.

The Uragan has the edge on power & shot cut, but it comes with extra weight.

I haven’t seen in person either gun so what I am going off is what is on AGN, YouTube and dealer sites.

So if anyone has some actual side by side comparison opinion I would love to hear.

I have the uragan compact in .177. Never seen a vixen in person. Mine likes heavy pellets I had a thread about it. Will not shoot anything under 10g well but from the replies I got I seem to be the only one. It’s crazy accurate second only to my katran maybe. Have great luck from 400fps to 850 fastest I’ve pushed mine using Jsbs. 
If slugs are on the table the 17.5s have been reported to work great in the uragan .22.
Carbine or bully?

What would you intended use be?

I’m running mine with a tanto set for 3fpe for pewing mice in my garage. 
they way I hunt weight isn’t a big deal. Not a stalker more of a sniper.

Yep, uragan has a big leg up. Weight for me isn't an issue as long as the gun is balanced well. My fx crown weighs 9.5 lbs kitted, but feels more like an 8lb gun due to the barrel that weighs 8 ounces.... My 8lb hw50s feels heavier than the FX Crown because it has heavier components positioned more forward on the gun. 

So, balance or weight distribution will be factors. But I also find rear heavy guns to be more twitchy. Hanging a big moderator on the end can alleviate this for me. 

What this means is that the vixen may end up balancing better and has an integrated moderator. If I were to balance an uragan compact it might end up the same length or longer than the vixen. 

The vixen has a short barrel, so power will be limited. ~900fps would waste a lot of air, and then might not even shoot well at that speed as a result.

Lol I was bouncing the same two guns and picked the Uragan compact in .22. Its fun, short, accurate. But I think a little harder to make changes. I have yet to do anything on mine. Very accurate to 50 yards. Have not tried beyond even though I took it to the range today. It was just too windy so I just concentrated on the impact instead. It is definitely a better air gun than I am a shooter.

These are some shots I got when I first tried 50 yards with it. I think they were 18.3 jsb. I was ecstatic being able to shoot something like this with my limited abilities. Especially with it's short barrel.

https://youtube.com/shorts/BYcfoELKdy4?feature=share

Oh you don't need a moderator but if you decide to, it will be mouse fart quite. Dont take the shroud off and fire it thought. It will scare you as to how loud it can get without it. 

Allen

From what I have read the Vixen seems like a solid little gun. 

I have an Uragan Compact .22 and I have been very happy with it. OOTB my only complaint was the trigger was a little snappy at sear let off, but some light polishing of the sear components has made it a very smooth trigger. 

I guess it really comes down to form preference. Do you prefer a carbine or a bullpup?

@lunchbox I have a Taipan VTC / Short in 25 cal. It is super quiet with the DL Sumo on there. Also, I think that with the a moderator on the Taipan Short and Uragan Compact will be quieter than the Vixen can be. You are stuck with what you go on the Vixen due to its design, I think.

@healthservices Yes, I know the feeling about how loud a PCP can be without its shroud. My first PCP was a Wesley Viper. The Viper was in .22 cal. In getting to know the gun I took the shroud off to see how loud it was without the shroud. 😳 Loud! It buzzed my ears a little and reminded me of the bang of my 22 mag bolt action rifle.

It would have to be the Uragan... the Vixen bottle is the same setup (ergonomic awkwardness) of an Air Force product.

Having previously owned a Talon SS, and currently owning a Vixen Long, I will have to say that there must be other aspects of the AF guns which lead to that feeling of ergonomic awkwardness. The Talon had it in spades. The Vixen, OTOH, is very comfortable to hold and shoot, and I'm only just getting used to it now as a new gun to me. But I don't feel like I need to adapt to it to shoot it. I just go out and shoot.

I will say that I never got really comfortable shooting my Uragan King. Much of that was the fit of the Uragan's stock to my shoulder - I'm tall and have longish arms. And all Uragans appear to me to use the same stock. Once a factory defect got handled on my King, it was a fine shooting gun - but just not for me. So that kind of took the Compact out of the running for my next gun.

I also thought about Kalibr Cricket 2 Tact 45, or even AirMaks Katran CB, but ended up wanting the lighter weight of the Vixen. 

There is one other thing I have noticed about the Vixen in my initial shooting with it. We all know that these guns are not known to be powerhouses, especially the 'standard' or 'short' version. But if it can just make the power you want/need, there is an additional benefit. My Vixen shoots pleasantly smoothly and, while it is the long version, it is very quiet. Not just the muzzle report (or total lack thereof), but also the mechanics of the gun during the shot cycle. Very pleasant overall.

We all try to attain some state of harmonic tune in our guns. Many times we get our guns shooting really nicely, but fewer times we really nail it and get a gun shooting 'perfectly.' It becomes totally smooth during the shot cycle, gets quieter than it was from the factory, and accuracy becomes outstanding.

I think that since AGT maybe wasn't attempting to achieve mega-power with the Vixens, these guns may be arriving from the factory in a very pleasant and accurate state of harmonic tune. I can only say this based on an n=1, but that sure is how it feels to me with my new Vixen. Just a real pleasure to shoot right out of the box, and I actually may end up turning its power down just a bit to get closer to about 880 fps with the Hades pellets.

Good luck with your choice. We all certainly are blessed to have the choices we have today regarding some incredible air guns.

It would have to be the Uragan... the Vixen bottle is the same setup (ergonomic awkwardness) of an Air Force product.

Having previously owned a Talon SS, and currently owning a Vixen Long, I will have to say that there must be other aspects of the AF guns which lead to that feeling of ergonomic awkwardness. The Talon had it in spades. The Vixen, OTOH, is very comfortable to hold and shoot, and I'm only just getting used to it now as a new gun to me. But I don't feel like I need to adapt to it to shoot it. I just go out and shoot.

I will say that I never got really comfortable shooting my Uragan King. Much of that was the fit of the Uragan's stock to my shoulder - I'm tall and have longish arms. And all Uragans appear to me to use the same stock. Once a factory defect got handled on my King, it was a fine shooting gun - but just not for me. So that kind of took the Compact out of the running for my next gun.

I also thought about Kalibr Cricket 2 Tact 45, or even AirMaks Katran CB, but ended up wanting the lighter weight of the Vixen. 

There is one other thing I have noticed about the Vixen in my initial shooting with it. We all know that these guns are not known to be powerhouses, especially the 'standard' or 'short' version. But if it can just make the power you want/need, there is an additional benefit. My Vixen shoots pleasantly smoothly and, while it is the long version, it is very quiet. Not just the muzzle report (or total lack thereof), but also the mechanics of the gun during the shot cycle. Very pleasant overall.

We all try to attain some state of harmonic tune in our guns. Many times we get our guns shooting really nicely, but fewer times we really nail it and get a gun shooting 'perfectly.' It becomes totally smooth during the shot cycle, gets quieter than it was from the factory, and accuracy becomes outstanding.

I think that since AGT maybe wasn't attempting to achieve mega-power with the Vixens, these guns may be arriving from the factory in a very pleasant and accurate state of harmonic tune. I can only say this based on an n=1, but that sure is how it feels to me with my new Vixen. Just a real pleasure to shoot right out of the box, and I actually may end up turning its power down just a bit to get closer to about 880 fps with the Hades pellets.

Good luck with your choice. We all certainly are blessed to have the choices we have today regarding some incredible air guns.

Nice that you are comfortable with it! I am not choosing because current happiness with:
Taipan Vet Long .25
&
RTI Prophet Performance Compact .22

*I sold my Talon SS and don't miss it.

if u need power go with the Uragan, if u need lightweight go with the Vixen.. both are great guns. 

will say the standard Uragan is too heavy for a woods gun. had one, sold it. have the vixen compact now, but need to see how well it is going to do on squirrels in a few weeks.. if i get a bunch of clean kills, it will be a favorte in my stable of pcps.. the little thing practially shoots it self . hard to believe such accuracy from a 10 inch barrel. 

@nutcracker I have to admit the Uragan compact is the most likely one of two candidates for my next gun, the other is the RTI Prophet Performance Compact. Weight wise I think the Uragan will come in probably a half a pound to one pound lighter than Taipan Compact.

@nutcracker I will be interested to see how you do with the squirrels with the Vixen. You have the short version right? If you are successful I can see it being one hell of a thick brush squirrel gun, and similar.

@nutcracker I have to admit the Uragan compact is the most likely one of two candidates for my next gun, the other is the RTI Prophet Performance Compact. Weight wise I think the Uragan will come in probably a half a pound to one pound lighter than Taipan Compact.

@nutcracker I will be interested to see how you do with the squirrels with the Vixen. You have the short version right? If you are successful I can see it being one hell of a thick brush squirrel gun, and similar.

yeah, the short one. been nearly a decade since i hunted with 800 fps in ,22. I mostly like at least 900. that is why i say I got to see how it does. the sad thing now , is i don't want to shoot any of my other guns. yeah, with the urgan compact, u have a small compact gun, but plenty of power.