N/A Which would you choose?

I’d suggest BRK, maybe the Pathfinder or Sniper XR Magnum. Mag capacity is decent, can even go aftermarket and add a round or so.. While you can find others with larger mag capacity, I’m suggesting these because of BRK’s total value, consisting of performance, quality/warranty, reliability and dealership (AoA). All factored, my humble suggestion, providing one of those feels good and suits your ergonomics well. I just picked up a Sniper Sahara from them. At the price, it’s tough to beat. Enjoy.

Last edited:
I humbly submit either a quiet lightweight synthetic stock AGN Uragan compact or a very field adjustable RTI Prophet compact, both with after market high shot mags.
Prophet Side 2.jpg

Under $1k I would go with a Snowpeak P35. 5lb not scoped. It’s a great walking gun. It only puts out 37 FPE in stock form, but there is an aftermarket for them. The Stoeger BullShark is 1lb heavier, but has a longer barrel and will get a little more FPE. Still only $500

Over $1k I would go with a BRK Ghost, Uragan Carbon, or P3. But all of them will be 2+ more lbs then a P35.

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
FX Maverick (light, plastic stock)
RTI Prophet Compact (light, no real stock !))
AGT Uragan 2 (light, plastic stock)
BRK Ghost Compact (slightly heavy, no real stock)
Kalibrgun Cricket (slightly heavy, wood stock)
Walther Reign (2) (inexpensive, plastic stock, light)
Taipan Veteran II (new one, mid cocking feature, wood stock) (Middle light)

There's a couple to mull over.

Mike

FX Maverick (light, plastic stock)
RTI Prophet Compact (light, no real stock !))
AGT Uragan 2 (light, plastic stock)
BRK Ghost Compact (slightly heavy, no real stock)
Kalibrgun Cricket (slightly heavy, wood stock)
Walther Reign (2) (inexpensive, plastic stock, light)
Taipan Veteran II (new one, mid cocking feature, wood stock) (Middle light)

There's a couple to mull over.

Mike
The Vet II is way too heavy, I’m a Taipan fan, I own a shorty and live it and would get the new one but it’s weight is it’s major draw back.

OK...NO ONE is a bigger fan of the Taipan Veteran than me but for woods walking/hunting I would recommend the Kalibergun Mini Carbine with a smaller scope on it. My Mini likes Crosman domed gets tons of shots even not fill to 300bar and has 14 shot mags. The Mini is a little lighter and had a somewhat more comfortable stock design and a sweet little adjustable cheek rest...is short and quite and very accurate...I only recommend stuff I believe in. I think there over priced from new and the trigger build quility and general appearance isn't quite up to the Veterans..but I'm all in on the Mini Carbine...For woods walking...even over the Vet...for me anyway.
1000001822.jpg

Reactions: Scotty1
What are your parameters for light and powerful?
I was on a similar search. I was looking for a 25 cal. I wanted 40 fpe as a minimum power level. Finding a compact 25 that would deliver that was easy, but then they failed the weight test. I ended up with a Maverick Compact 25. It easily meets the power I wanted, but still not a light gun in my opinion.
What I found was that if you want power and a quality build it is going to weigh a considerable amount.
If you are willing to settle for less power, say 25 fpe or less there are several good guns available. I was just not willing to forego the extra power for the weight savings.

OK...NO ONE is a bigger fan of the Taipan Veteran than me but for woods walking/hunting I would recommend the Kalibergun Mini Carbine with a smaller scope on it. My Mini likes Crosman domed gets tons of shots even not fill to 300bar and has 14 shot mags. The Mini is a little lighter and had a somewhat more comfortable stock design and a sweet little adjustable cheek rest...is short and quite and very accurate...I only recommend stuff I believe in. I think there over priced from new and the trigger build quility and general appearance isn't quite up to the Veterans..but I'm all in on the Mini Carbine...For woods walking...even over the Vet...for me anyway.View attachment 425796
A buddy of mine had one, I shot it several times before he got rid of it. I own the original Cricket .25 and I agree, they are nice guns and very accurate but not up to the build quality of a Taipan. It’s just a beast to haul around, my .25, that is.

All of you have made some interesting suggestions. I thought I’d try a Wildcat .25 since everyone talked about how light they are. I’ve owned two FX rifles and while they are very accurate, they suffer from POI shifts. When you squirrel hunt with dogs things can get pretty exciting at times and crashing through the woods to get to the dogs isn’t the environment for a delicate gun. I have considered the Krait but I can’t find a whole lot of info on it. I know that had reg creep when they first came out but now they are shipping with a Huma. The gun checks all my boxes I just don’t want to buy a problem. IWA is next month, maybe something new will pop up.

A buddy of mine had one, I shot it several times before he got rid of it. I own the original Cricket .25 and I agree, they are nice guns and very accurate but not up to the build quality of a Taipan. It’s just a beast to haul around, my .25, that is.

All of you have made some interesting suggestions. I thought I’d try a Wildcat .25 since everyone talked about how light they are. I’ve owned two FX rifles and while they are very accurate, they suffer from POI shifts. When you squirrel hunt with dogs things can get pretty exciting at times and crashing through the woods to get to the dogs isn’t the environment for a delicate gun. I have considered the Krait but I can’t find a whole lot of info on it. I know that had reg creep when they first came out but now they are shipping with a Huma. The gun checks all my boxes I just don’t want to buy a problem. IWA is next month, maybe something new will pop up.
Sounds like you want something that can take a beating and you may have to forgo some of your other requirements over durability.

Reactions: Florida_Man