• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Which would you choose of these 2 PCP’s, and why?

I would read about both airguns, their strengths and features, and most importantly product support (warranty), and make the decision based on those requirements. I would read some in depth reviews from someone that has had one of these for more than just an unboxing video, and even better try to go to a match like Field Target or Benchrest or whatever other context where you might find someone with the models you are looking at and actually test the platforms out yourself. Everyone has different preferences, but only you know what your requirements are.

Hope you get what you need! Good luck

PS: I was looking at the Daystate Wolverine this morning at AoA. What a comfortable, beautiful stock!

Kind regards, Atlas

Reactions: whyzee
Question and assistance asked for and appreciated.

Interested in buy a PCP, my first sporting precharged airgun (have a 10m match gun). After a lot of reading, and online window shopping, I have two choices in mind for a .22 caliber air rifle.
My uses are few: tree rats, plinking and all around good clean fun.

Choice A: Daystate Wolverine R HP (laminate or walnut stock)View attachment 311777

Choice B: FX Crown Continuum mk2 in GRS Nordic Wolf stock
View attachment 311779

Both appeal to my visual sense in pictures, Wolverine has 50% more power I believe (30fpe vs 45fpe), Crown has two barrels and the GRS stock has cheek adjustment.

Wolverine has the cocking lever which I can switch to left handed operation (I shoot long guns left handed) with an ambidextrous stock. Crown is available in LH stock but lever is fixed on the right side of the action.

Wolverine barrel/shroud look sturdy in the event of a bump. Crown barrel/shroud looks like its’ POI could change with a small bump. This observation may not matter since I do treat my airguns with kid gloves.

Crown has external hammer/transfer port adjustments, although full power is still 30fp. Wolverine is adjustable, not with knobs. I am more of a ‘set it and forget shooter’ after I find the pellet of choice.

I like the LH GRS Nordic Wolf stock more than the ambidextrous thumb hole (and less adjustable) stock on the Wolverine.

I am leaning towards the DayState WolverineR HP since I have a hunch it will be more trouble free, although this is just a guess. No personal experience with either brand.

Which would you folks choose of the two, and why? Your input is appreciated
I have a new Crown MkII Continuum in Nordic Wolf myself; it arrived this week.

The .22 is capable of much higher than 30fpe. I haven’t chronographed mine yet but the published numbers put the high power settings at 50+. It will depend on the barrel of course.

The Crown barrel change is simple: four set screws that require a 3.0 mm hex. Would be nice if that was included with the kit but I tend to buy a specific T handle for this anyway.

If you opt for the two barrel Crown, you may find a different tune is appropriate with each barrel. My plan is to have a lower power tune for the 380mm barrel and a high power tune for the 700mm barrel. The major adjustments are marked so you can return to different settings easily and there is a table in the manual for you to record your settings. I plan to print my own separate settings table that travels with the gun. You can go deep into this tuning stuff or ignore it completely if you like how it’s shooting.

Crown barrel changes are easy and changing barrel liners is only one more step. I already bought a .22 700mm slug liner for mine. Should be easy to optimize a tune for that and go to those settings whenever I choose.

The Crown Continuum comes in a hard rifle case. It has a slot cut in the foam to store the spare barrel, but the gun will only fit in the case with the 380 installed and moderator removed. So that could make the hard case useless if I’m mostly using the longer barrel.

The Crown did catch me out on one detail: the fill port is very very close to the regulator gauge, such that they supply a special thin collar foster adapter. No other foster adapter will fit, and their adapter is threaded 1/8BSPP. I have not seen this documented anywhere until I got the gun. This didn’t upset me until I realized my fill hose is an older JoeB micro bore with a 1/8NPT between my female foster fitting and the hose body - so I’m stuck and I can’t fully fill the gun until the correct adapter fittings arrive. I had several opportunities to pick up the required adapter while the Crown was making the UPS ride, if I had only known. So now I wait even longer to shoot it for a $10 adapter.

I love GRS stocks both in appearance and feel. If you haven’t used one be aware that the trigger hand grip is tilted slightly off vertical in your favor (bottom of hand rotated away from your body). Most people love it but I have encountered a few who don’t. The published weight of the GRS option Crown was listed at 9 something pounds and I assure you it’s not that heavy. Some have called GRS stocks clunky - and compared to other airgun stocks that might be true - but to me a GRS feels like a full sized rifle instead of a kids gun. If you’re a match shooter it will feel a lot more like a match stock but far more practical.

Note that scope rings need to be tall and the magazine needs to clear the windage knob on the scope. You’ll either need to push the scope forward or back of natural center to make it work. Mine felt best positioned forward. I wanted to mount my Sightron 10-50x60 FT scope using Burris X-High Signature rings but no, the rings aren’t high enough for that. So do a little research if you want to use more than a 40mm objective scope.

Daystates are great airguns and I prefer them over FX in some ways. But for a first sporting PCP, the Crown is especially good because it can be reconfigured easily as your use evolves and settles in.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies!
I don’t really need an airgun with two barrels….BUT the GRS Nordic wolf Crown Mk2 IS currently available left handed .22 In the continuum model only. Seems as if FX Crowns are not being replenished at USA dealers 😕 so….the continuum with a 380 and 700 barrel, while is not my first pick for lengths, I can accept and enjoy it(500mm barrel with s my first pick).

I don’t have airgun meets, FT contests, etc nearby me that I can go check out others’ airguns. I do have a very small shop with an indoor range (18yds) that is 20 miles from me, and there I was able to handle a Crown mk2 with the GRS stock (RH .25 cal) on consignment and was blown away at how light it was when I picked it up!! I was expecting a boat anchor, but was pleasantly surprised as it felt like it was made of balsa wood. I prefer the adjustability that the GRS provides (better chance of having an airgun fitted to your body) Therefore it (Crown) is on my short list of pcp airguns that I would like to purchase.

Last edited:
Reactions: dgeesaman
Sometimes on here the answers are so funny. Unfortunately, I think they are serious. lol FX has a lot of built in capability, but if you're new or have no desire to learn, then they are not for you.
Or just leave the capability alone to begin with! You really can't fault a Manufacturer for offering capability when the user messes up the tune. :D

Reactions: whyzee
Or just leave the capability alone to begin with! You really can't fault a Manufacturer for offering capability when the user messes up the tune. :D
Yeah, I seen several over the years on here buy an FX air gun, mess it up, because they have no clue about air guns and how to tune them, and they blame FX because they are too lazy to learn.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies!
I don’t really need an airgun with two barrels….BUT the GRS Nordic wolf Crown Mk2 IS currently available left handed .22 In the continuum model only. Seems as if FX Crowns are not being replenished at USA dealers 😕 so….the continuum with a 380 and 700 barrel, while is not my first pick for lengths, I can accept and enjoy it(500mm barrel with s my first pick).

I don’t have airgun meets, FT contests, etc nearby me that I can go check out others’ airguns. I do have a very small shop with an indoor range (18yds) that is 20 miles from me, and there I was able to handle a Crown mk2 with the GRS stock (RH .25 cal) on consignment and was blown away at how light it was when I picked it up!! I was expecting a boat anchor, but was pleasantly surprised as it felt like it was made of balsa wood. I prefer the adjustability that the GRS provides (better chance of having an airgun fitted to your body) Therefore it (Crown) is on my short list of pcp airguns that I would like to purchase.
Depending on the vendor, you could probably ask them to swap out the stock from that Continuum to another rifle in 500mm. There is a good chance they would do it. Call Utah or Ken at SPAW, or whoever, and ask… They don’t have to be locked in to the exact config to sell it. They can still sell other version.

The lighting isn’t great, nor is my photography skills. Have not had the opportunity to shoot it yet.
991947B0-5A27-40CA-8328-A0D73CA28458.jpeg

Reactions: dgeesaman