Daystate Which would be the better long range slug shooter? Stock Air Wolf .22 versus .25

Hello Everyone,

I am basically asking the thread title.

Which rifle in stock form would be the better slug shooter for 100 yard and beyond accuracy?

I think the .22 may have the advantage but with a Heliboard Extreme the .25 may make enough power to push heavier slugs with possibly better BC's?

Downrange energy is a second priority for use in humane pest control at long ranges.

Can anyone with experience please comment?

Thank you!!!

Taso

I will start this by saying I have ZERO experience with 25 caliber slugs. only 22 and 177 slugs. my personal opinion and choice would be the 22 cal option. I like to keep my shot count at a reasonable level and for me personally I find that easier to do with 22 caliber slug shooters. I have ZERO experience with the Air Wolf, so im going to use the "but with a Heliboard Extreme the .25 may make enough power to push heavier slugs" part of your post, I don't usually like to push guns to their absolute limits, and that Heliboard cost like 400 bucks right? so that would be more cost on top of the already pricey Air Wolf (not saying they aren't worth it) and in the end it might not even work for your intended purpose. so for me, I would be looking at 22 cal, and if the gun has enough power you can always go up in weight if needed/wanted. I think the heavy Javelin slugs BC is close to like .12 or .13 or something like that right? for 100 yards and beyond that should be pretty manageable. I hope at least some of this is useful info.

Thank you for the response Tyler,

I have Air Wolf rifles in .177, .22 and .25 but I haven't been able to test them out at long range. I was just wondering what other peoples experiences were so that I could decide if I really need the .22 and the .25.

I do have a .25 Xisico Sentry with power tune by Mike Melick that makes a little over 50 fpe so I can use that for up and close stuff. And like above, I haven't tested it's long range performance.

I also have a BSA Scorpion SE and a Buccaneer in .25 but I don't think that they can make a lot of power by design. Unless I am wrong.

Thank you,

Taso