• The Airgun Nation App is ready for iOS users! It should be available for Android users any minute! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Which would be better(bullet selection)

Shoot a good sample of them both and use the projectile that is shooting the most accurate out of your gun. Then you will not have to worry about hitting hard, or tracking wounded game Personally, if possible, I would tune the 88 grain in the gun untill it was the most accurate. Then I would shoot hundreds and hundreds of rounds at many distances and weather conditions to get intimately familiar with the gun and how it shoots.

Wow that was some outstanding testing! I ran into the same problem with the NSA not expanding. I found some pretty cool slugs from griffin slugs. The 928 is with a griffin 71 gr LDC slug. They put plastic balls in their slugs to help with expansion. I’d love to see what the LDC slug does in the gel. 

im also super jealous of the ground hogs you have all over! 

Wow that was some outstanding testing! I ran into the same problem with the NSA not expanding. I found some pretty cool slugs from griffin slugs. The 928 is with a griffin 71 gr LDC slug. They put plastic balls in their slugs to help with expansion. I’d love to see what the LDC slug does in the gel. 

im also super jealous of the ground hogs you have all over!

Those groundhogs have caused so much foundation damage, I'd not wish their presence on anyone! I've been waiting for the .357 FX Hybrids to show up, but I haven't found anyone at all carrying them.

I'm not sure what the OP means is "medium sized game". In powder burner circles, that would be deer. That gun looks too light for deer although it should work with a good brain shot. If you mean 10-25 lb animals, the linked tests should give you some ideas. I found the ground hog reaction to being shot with a .357 caliber interesting, They must be pretty tough. I had a co worker that harvested them with a 22 rimfire, however. It seems to me that a .357 should be plenty but apparently expanding projectiles are indicated. That should help limit over penetration while also dropping them quicker.