Other Which Walmart pumper to buy

Looking at getting a cheap Walmart pumper. Already have a the $38 Crossman 760, Sheridan Bluestreak, Crossman 140 and vintage Crossman 761XL. Looking at Daisy 880, Crossman Legacy 1000, Barra 1866 an Ruger NXG APX pumper. All of these airguns are in the $60 to $70 dollar range. I want to buy the most accurate. Note I plan to buy some more vintage pumpers but saving money for those and have that itch to get another airgun that cannot wait. Thank you in advance for all replies.

Looking at getting a cheap Walmart pumper. Already have a the $38 Crossman 760, Sheridan Bluestreak, Crossman 140 and vintage Crossman 761XL. Looking at Daisy 880, Crossman Legacy 1000, Barra 1866 an Ruger NXG APX pumper. All of these airguns are in the $60 to $70 dollar range. I want to buy the most accurate. Note I plan to buy some more vintage pumpers but saving money for those and have that itch to get another airgun that cannot wait. Thank you in advance for all replies.

Scroll down to sporter rifle Daisy 853 , $139.00 including S&H . has LW barrel , nice trigger , single pump built in . cannot go wrong . I have two .
used but totally rebuilt and tested. https://thecmp.org/sales-and-service/sporter-air-rifles/

Of those, the Daisy 880 is your best bet. I haven't seen one that wouldn't outshoot any of the 760s that I have.

Luck,

J~
I bought a new 880 about 2 3 years ago, put a moderator on it, $10 dollar rings and a 4x barska AO scope i had laying around. Thing is stupid accurate and very quiet.
thumbnail (51).jpeg

Barra 1866 Cowboy. Purchased this adult size model from Walmart’s website for $69. The youth model from Amazon $46. The adult model weighs just under 5 lbs so it’s substantial. The stock and gold receiver are plastic and pretty much the rest is metal. It pumps up to 10 times. Shoots pellets or bb’s at around 650 fps. Very accurate.
C20A4770-9A9C-48F8-B59E-98935D0EEA13.jpeg

This is a good deal on a accurate rifle. CMP

DaisyUsed_w

DAISY M853 .177 CAL. (PNEUMATIC) USED AIR RIFLE​

The CMP is selling reconditioned Daisy 853 Sporter Air Rifles to promote the development of more new junior shooters. This program can be especially important to new junior programs and summer camps that are seeking to acquire target air rifles suitable for marksmanship at an affordable price. For more information, or to find out if your program is eligible to purchase rifles through this promotional program, please contact Tommy Whitten, [email protected] or 419-635-2141 ext. 713.

ITEM #​

DESCRIPTION​

PRICE​

Daisy M853 USEDRegular or Monte Carlo Stock Available

Used Daisy 853 with seals replaced and Chrono graphed to meet factory velocity requirements.

Includes: Front and Rear Sights, Sling and Butt plate Spacer

The used Daisy 853 Sporter Air Rifle is not eligible for the delayed payment program.

SHIPPED BY CMP
$125 each rifle
S&H $14.95 single rifle OR
$22.95 for two rifles

CMP will notify additional S&H charges for AK and HI residents on each Daisy Rifle ordered.
Click here to download an order form.

This is a good deal on a accurate rifle. CMP

DaisyUsed_w

DAISY M853 .177 CAL. (PNEUMATIC) USED AIR RIFLE​

The CMP is selling reconditioned Daisy 853 Sporter Air Rifles to promote the development of more new junior shooters. This program can be especially important to new junior programs and summer camps that are seeking to acquire target air rifles suitable for marksmanship at an affordable price. For more information, or to find out if your program is eligible to purchase rifles through this promotional program, please contact Tommy Whitten, [email protected] or 419-635-2141 ext. 713.

ITEM #​

DESCRIPTION​

PRICE​

Daisy M853 USEDRegular or Monte Carlo Stock Available

Used Daisy 853 with seals replaced and Chrono graphed to meet factory velocity requirements.

Includes: Front and Rear Sights, Sling and Butt plate Spacer

The used Daisy 853 Sporter Air Rifle is not eligible for the delayed payment program.

SHIPPED BY CMP
$125 each rifle
S&H $14.95 single rifle OR
$22.95 for two rifles

CMP will notify additional S&H charges for AK and HI residents on each Daisy Rifle ordered.
Click here to download an order form.

This was the first Airgun I bought and happy with it. Stock has that old school mil surp look and feel.

When shooting them at 10m it’s been fine. My issue is I want to shoot it at 25/50yards and it’s just way too weak for that.

Never really liked multi pumps. Wish we had more ssp to choose from. Some that actually have some power.

Reactions: Sicumj
Some clarification. Under $100 and buying for Walmart is the only way I can buy an airgun now. Otherwise my wife knows about it. Anyway some of you may have to deal with the wife factor as I have for 40 years. They just do not understand us. She hates guns including air rifles. Treats me like I have a drinking problem.

Update: Decided to go the vintage route. Bought a 1984 recently resealed Daisy 880 on EBAY. Cost was $100 plus $25 shipping. Had metal side receiver plates and metal pump handle. I thought it was a fair value since new cheaper made 880s are $60, However, there are a lot of used 880s on EBAY. Put on a dovetail to Picanny offset adapter and a Bugbuster 3x12. Pretty accurate. I only tried one type of pellet (RWS match) and only did a 3 shot group at 20 yards. Chonographed velocityy with 7.4 gr Crossman Destroyer pellets at 651 fps. One thing is the Crossman Premier 10.5 gr dome pellets will not fit in the breach. Even with the raised scope mount, takes patience to load even using a tweezer and a flashlight. Maybe the worse of all my pumpers. Thanks for all the replies.

Daisy vintage 880 P2.jpg

Daisy vintage 880 P3.jpg