• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other Which Walmart pumper to buy

You could have had this shipped from another Walmart store to your Walmart store if they don’t have it. It’s a good shooter.
CDC65CEF-6FD1-4B34-A90F-4C121154B8E9.jpeg

I changed my mind after plenty of negative comments on Walmart pumpers except the Daisy 880. I realized for a little bit more money I could get a Daisy Vintage pumper that had a lot of metal in it. I have a Crossman 140, a Sheridan Blue Streak and a all metal & wood Crossman 761XL and plan to buy a Benjamin 312 or 342. However, another high quality vintage pumper may be years away unless I can hint my way with my wealthier kids for one at Christmas. Thanks again for swaying me to the Daisy 880.

Last edited:
Some clarification. Under $100 and buying for Walmart is the only way I can buy an airgun now. Otherwise my wife knows about it. Anyway some of you may have to deal with the wife factor as I have for 40 years. They just do not understand us. She hates guns including air rifles. Treats me like I have a drinking problem.
Sorry about that. My wife can say no to some stupid purchase if she feels like it's a waste of money, like knives, I wanted to buy a new knife the other week and she said I had enough,, and she's right, I have a drawer full of pocket and sheath knives. At least she's not a gun hater, she doesn't care to shoot any guns but has nothing against them either. And I have bought things without her knowing about it, like my Hatsan MOD65 I got not long ago (that I'm not happy with it), she can't tell the difference between it and my other ones. Oh, We've been married going on 32 years.

Reactions: fishing43
I have the full size and junior barra 1866. The junior leaked air right out of the box, brand new....still never shot it.

Full size one has a nice feel. Rifled barrel, metal pump arm and its got some power.

That said, it sucks loading a pellet. The cowboy style of rifle is weird with no "cheek weld". Still worth the price.

My Daisy 880 shoots lights out. Its a must have. Everybody should have one.

Easy to load, rifled barrel....air light and very accurate. Its a no brainer.

I still have an old metal receiver one sitting in the corner that needs alot of work. Maybe one day.

Pumpmaster 760 is like $20 cheaper, but the 880 way out classes it.

760 is smooth barrel and very little size. Still worth the price and alot of fun loaded with bb's.

I wanted to love the Crosman 2100 classic and its worth the $60....but the 880 still wins me over.

They are all worth the price imo. Buy all the walmart guns :)

Reactions: JDR
That said, it sucks loading a pellet. The cowboy style of rifle is weird with no "cheek weld". Still worth the price.
If you set the pellet against the ledge where you need it to go in, then just roll it over the ledge into the loading port, it makes loading it a breeze.
59A70A2F-7418-4CDF-BACE-FD26638B4515.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: WIndOnYerGrape
Update: Decided to go the vintage route. Bought a 1984 recently resealed Daisy 880 on EBAY. Cost was $100 plus $25 shipping. Had metal side receiver plates and metal pump handle. I thought it was a fair value since new cheaper made 880s are $60, However, there are a lot of used 880s on EBAY. Put on a dovetail to Picanny offset adapter and a Bugbuster 3x12. Pretty accurate. I only tried one type of pellet (RWS match) and only did a 3 shot group at 20 yards. Chonographed velocityy with 7.4 gr Crossman Destroyer pellets at 651 fps. One thing is the Crossman Premier 10.5 gr dome pellets will not fit in the breach. Even with the raised scope mount, takes patience to load even using a tweezer and a flashlight. Maybe the worse of all my pumpers. Thanks for all the replies.

View attachment 435549

View attachment 435550
Wow! that's some good shooting 🎯 I'd be happy if I could do that at 15 yards with any airgun🎯 Great marksmanship(y)