Tuning Which vortek kit for hw50?

Hi everyone, I am brand new to the airgun world. I just ordered my first airgun: an hw50. I want to put a vortek spring kit in it to make sure the gun lasts a long time and shoots as good as it can. Airguns of arizona only lists the pro guide 2 kit, while the vortek website lists the pro guide 4 kit. Which kit do i want? its a .22 rifle and i want to maintain the 11-13 fpe if possible. thank you 

I think that the PG4 kit is newer uses a metal spring guide while the PG2 is an older design and uses plastic. Both will work fine, and I have guns with both PG2 kits and PG3 kits that have given me excellent results. I’d probably opt for the PG4 kit. Lots of video and online help about how to properly install these kits. Good luck, the hw50s is my favorite spring gun.

R

I've got a HW50 in .177 cal that I bought for Iquana hunting in South Florida. It's got a Hawke 2 x 7 scope co-sighted with a green laser at about 20 yards, which is the approximate distance that we encounter the Iguanas. Using H&N Field Target Trophy pellets at 8.6 grains, it chrono'd at 780 fps at 11.7 ft.lbs. I'm wishing it had a little for power as those lizards are hard to drop. All this talk of these Vortek kits( PG2 thru PG4). Are these kits for increasing power? Or for smoothing the gun out and making it more pleasant to shoot? I've heard that increasing velocity means a corresponding lose of accuracy. Any suggestions or advice - I need to ramp this gun up a notch or two but can't afford to lose too much accuracy.

combo pic.1641523497.jpg

Finally got everything screwed back together on my HW50S. Briefly exercised this newly installed PG4 kit from Vortek, and two things jumped out; noticeable increase in power and the absolutely sweetest firing cycle of all of my air rifles. The adjusted trigger is also the best of all 6 ARs in this small assemblage. The power is adjustable via the special Delrin top hat, but I stuck it in just like it came. Should settle a bit with use (fingers crossed). Tad more cocking effort required, but worth everything it cost.

NO TWANG, just solid recoil. This Fitty is on its way to favorite status. Not chronoed yet, but I'd bet it's running neck-n-neck with my R9 .20.

Tiniest bit of cocking squawk, but that is already diminishing.