N/A Which to buy Jet II or Notos

How does it do as just a pistol? Thinking about getting a notos but use it as a pistol only.
A little large, but manageable. I like it...
Notos.jpg

Reactions: IMPACTAIR
I bought the same drop block for the Notos.
Unfortunately the drop block threads (M16x1) on the receiver side are not deep enough.

What did you do to the drop block to make it fit the Notos?
I cheated... sent to Firewalker. Soon as the gun came in, I knew I wanted a bottle on it and didnt want to mess with actually doing it so sent off to him straight away. Not sure what he did with it to make it fit.

I cheated... sent to Firewalker. Soon as the gun came in, I knew I wanted a bottle on it and didnt want to mess with actually doing it so sent off to him straight away. Not sure what he did with it to make it fit.
MAJIC!!!

I bought the same drop block for the Notos.
Unfortunately the drop block threads (M16x1) on the receiver side are not deep enough.

What did you do to the drop block to make it fit the Notos?

Actually, there is a little more to it than that. You need a 16X1mm bottoming tap, most taps are tapered or plug taps, neither will work. You will need to tap until it stops against the back wall to get the taper past the last needed thread. Failure to do so will roll the last thread.

Once the threads have been cut, the air block needs to be mated to the drop block and checked for proper clocking. This is where it gets messy and people make compromises where I will not. the drop block must sit flush to the air block, no gap, they must also be square to each other.

Finally, the o'ring must be fully seated between the air block and drop block so that the o'ring does not get blown out.

I clock them by chucking up the drop block, squaring it up in the chuck and face it flush to 90°. I check the clocking at every thousandths and then use emery to flatten the face and bring it into perfect clocking position.

The reason for this is cantilever. It's NOT our friend, the air block is not stout and I am waiting for the day someone knocks their gun over and the airblock stem snaps off and the tank goes for a ride! The fitting is plenty strong when the stresses are pulling straight but if leverage is able to act on a smaller area, like a bonded washer (please dont do this), the stresses on the fitting can be enormous!

Good luck!

Taps.jpg

MAJIC!!!

Actually, there is a little more to it than that. You need a 16X1mm bottoming tap, most taps are tapered or plug taps, neither will work. You will need to tap until it stops against the back wall to get the taper past the last needed thread. Failure to do so will roll the last thread.

Once the threads have been cut, the air block needs to be mated to the drop block and checked for proper clocking. This is where it gets messy and people make compromises where I will not. the drop block must sit flush to the air block, no gap, they must also be square to each other.

Finally, the o'ring must be fully seated between the air block and drop block so that the o'ring does not get blown out.

I clock them by chucking up the drop block, squaring it up in the chuck and face it flush to 90°. I check the clocking at every thousandths and then use emery to flatten the face and bring it into perfect clocking position.

The reason for this is cantilever. It's NOT our friend, the air block is not stout and I am waiting for the day someone knocks their gun over and the airblock stem snaps off and the tank goes for a ride! The fitting is plenty strong when the stresses are pulling straight but if leverage is able to act on a smaller area, like a bonded washer (please dont do this), the stresses on the fitting can be enormous!

Good luck!

View attachment 442424
I could never do what you said. That drop block is already for sale :)

• Haha
Reactions: Firewalker