• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Which Sub12 Would You Buy?

I am looking for a .177 sub12 12-10FPE option I sold my dreamtac that was a laser and did great but I need a change and want to try something else. I want quality easy to work on and can be set it and forget it but to be able to up the power on the fly is a bonus. I am thinking the BRK Pathfinder but if you could only choose one what would it be I am open to options. The ranger is on the maybe list but I just like the the idea of 100+ shots.

Personally I'd get a BSA ultra clx. Personally, High shot count is over-rated. I don't tend to shoot that much with one gun. I'd almost rather it be quicker or easier to fill. And more compact. Doesn't take but a few seconds to fill, anyhow. Then again, I have a 9 litre tank I use.

Still in the FX line but without all the knobs...... FX Royale 400. The 3 position power wheel (TP restrictor) makes three very useable power levels with my .22 cal.

Low 11 ft lb
Med 20 ft lb
High 30 ft lb
IMG_2397.jpeg

Still in the FX line but without all the knobs...... FX Royale 400. The 3 position power wheel (TP restrictor) makes three very useable power levels with my .22 cal.

Low 11 ft lb
Med 20 ft lb
High 30 ft lbView attachment 374993
My crown is my .22 low power and want something different.

20220712_230327.jpg

You own an Alkin now. High shot count should be a thing of the past as you are now air independent. Pick something that you truly like and don’t worry about shot count. High shot count needs are for folks that-
1. Hand pump
2. Are miles away from a shop to top off their tanks
3. Are competing in a shooting event and they want to be sure their air supply will carry them thru the entire weekend event
4. Folks that go off camping with the intent to plink or hunt out in the woods, and don’t own a lot of tanks to keep their guns topped off

You might do better asking on a UK airgun forum for sub 12 FPE rifles. Not all the guns which are great above 12 FPE are very good when bought in sub 12 configuration. Some of the manufacturers do not do a very good job of reducing the power of their guns for sub 12 use. Try the airgunforums.co.uk for any gun model you are thinking of.

Reactions: Healthservices
If you don’t mind getting out your wallet for a .177, my Lelya .177 is fantastic. Except for my BSA Ultra SE, I don’t trust most platforms in .177 because those platforms were designed probably around a .22. The .177 just gets the dumbed down treatment. I prayed that Ed didn’t get lazy with the .177 in the Lelya and he didn’t. The only bad Taipans I’ve ever seen were both .177’s. My buddies Brocock Compatto .177 is a shooter so I would probably have faith in their offerings in .177. But my BSA will outshoot it. The Brocock does have more power to work with though.

Reactions: qball