• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Which sub $500 HPA compressor on Amazon to get?

Some of you are missing the point here. There will still be down time with fixing your compressor unless you have multiple. Look up common failure items (there are several) and then look up how much those parts cost. We aren't just talking a bunch of little 30 cent seals here. To keep all of these parts on hand in case something breaks is just silly. You would basically have spent the same amount of money as just buying a second compressor.

Yong Hengs are good because they are cheap and can be rebuilt relatively easily, not because they are high quality. QC is abysmal and many do fail quickly. Not all parts are interchangeable with the knockoffs. Some are of course but some definitely are not. Its a risk. 

Some people get lucky, myself included, and get years out of them. Others get months, others literally only get days and have to ship it straight back to the seller. This is why Amazon or Walmart are the two best options.

Let me first say THANK YOU to everyone who replied to my post. I appreciate your input even if you don't agree with whatever decision I make.

Second, I posted the eBay vendor's "Lifetime Warranty" in quotes because I put about as much faith into that warranty as I do winning the lottery.

Third, I own and manage a farm that requires me to maintain two tractors, a truck, my wife's car, an oil furnace, as well as all the electrical, plumbing and everything else on our property. I know that anything that has moving parts will at some point need maintenance or possibly fail. I fully intend on rebuilding the Nomad II compressor I have. Parts aren't that expensive and appear to be available through Pyramid Air. I've already opened up the compressor and rebuilding it doesn't look to be beyond my abilities.

Lastly, I ordered the YH compressor from the eBay vendor because it was a) cheap, b) parts are readily available, and c) the vendor offers free returns. Now I've never done a return on a purchase through eBay so I don't know what to expect. I have done plenty of returns through Amazon and Walmart so I'm taking a chance. It may be a dud and I may wait 90 days to get a refund. Or it may work and I'll be happy ever after. Oh, and the vendor says that if the compressor isn't a genuine Yong Heng he'll not only issue a full refund, he'll also pay an additional $500. Don't know if I believe it but for just over $270 I'm taking a chance. If all else fails (and we all know that can happen) I have a Hill hand pump. Maybe I'll loose a pound or two. That's not a bad thing. ;)

Let me first say THANK YOU to everyone who replied to my post. I appreciate your input even if you don't agree with whatever decision I make.

Second, I posted the eBay vendor's "Lifetime Warranty" in quotes because I put about as much faith into that warranty as I do winning the lottery.

Third, I own and manage a farm that requires me to maintain two tractors, a truck, my wife's car, an oil furnace, as well as all the electrical, plumbing and everything else on our property. I know that anything that has moving parts will at some point need maintenance or possibly fail. I fully intend on rebuilding the Nomad II compressor I have. Parts aren't that expensive and appear to be available through Pyramid Air. I've already opened up the compressor and rebuilding it doesn't look to be beyond my abilities.

Lastly, I ordered the YH compressor from the eBay vendor because it was a) cheap, b) parts are readily available, and c) the vendor offers free returns. Now I've never done a return on a purchase through eBay so I don't know what to expect. I have done plenty of returns through Amazon and Walmart so I'm taking a chance. It may be a dud and I may wait 90 days to get a refund. Or it may work and I'll be happy ever after. Oh, and the vendor says that if the compressor isn't a genuine Yong Heng he'll not only issue a full refund, he'll also pay an additional $500. Don't know if I believe it but for just over $270 I'm taking a chance. If all else fails (and we all know that can happen) I have a Hill hand pump. Maybe I'll loose a pound or two. That's not a bad thing. ;)

if it makes you feel any better, like I said before I accidently ordered 2 compressors from walmart, impatience and slow internet caused this. I got 2 compressors, 1 had the "genuine" yong heng logo on the side etc etc, the other did not, everyone said the other one was not genuine. I believe that all the look alikes (same fittings, colors, etc) are in fact built in the same factory , its that way for a lot of things over there across the pond, good luck! you made a good choice ! hope it works out!

That's great man. Sounds like the seller is really one of the good ones. Best of luck with it!

My eBay Yong Heng compressor came in this afternoon. It arrived via Fedex and was packed extremely well. When I unpacked it I found no signs of any damage. I checked the high pressure fittings and they were all tight. There's a hole in the top cover of the compressor for the included temperature sensor display which wasn't installed. The unit I got is what I think you call the "hard cover" version, it doesn't have the automatic shut off. I deciphered the instructions and installed the drain and pressure release plugs, water hoses, air hose, and gearbox vent. Then I filled the gearbox with royal purple to just over the red dot per the instructions on the compressor. I filled a bucket with water, plugged the water pump into an outlet and verified it was working. I put a plug into the end of the air hose, opened the bleeder valve, closed the drain valve, plugged in the compressor, crossed my fingers and turned it on. I nearly jumped when I first heard it. It's way louder and operates at a much higher RPM than my Nomad. I closed the bleeder valve and the pressure built to 4,000 psi in no time. I opened the bleeder, let the pump idle with no pressure for a minute or so and turned off the pump. I left the water pump on while I went to get a rifle to test it. I repeated the start up procedure and closed the bleeder valve. H O L Y C O W ! ! ! I swear it refilled my bottle in 30 seconds or less!!!

This compressor won't win any awards for beauty, but boy does it work! When set up it takes up most of my work table so I will have to fashion some sort of cart on casters in the future. I still plan on rebuilding my Nomad but I will probably only use that as a portable source of air while traveling. I plan on using the Yong Heng as my every day compressor from now on.

Forget warrants and service on any China compressor. Parts is a important thing to consider . I got a new Tuxing in three weeks ago that the motor burned up 

The first time I turned it on. I picked Tuxing because parts are easy to find as is YH compressors. I finally got Tuxing to email me back. They ask for pictures

Or video so I sent pictures. Now I'm waiting for there engineer to look them over. We shall see, but if it is one of those send it back to China on my nickel forget 

That. My friend it is a crap shoot no matter which you buy if they are made in China. They all use the same lower end. If I had to pick one it would most likely would

Be a YH threw Amazon, but don't expect Amazon to warrant it, they will have you go threw YH and you will be in the same mess I,m in. Just the facts you need 

To know the risk you face buying one of these. Stay away from the no name cheaper ones. I also have a older Vevor I can,t get high pressure seals. 

Good Luck Fly

I bought the VEVOR Orange GX-C3 knock-off from Amazon and expecting a short life span I got the 4yr insurance ($44). Well it only worked for 22 fills 100-200bar. Lasted only 9 weeks. Symptoms: Pump cannot exceed 1400psi, continues to run and the temperature remains constant 30degC.

Currently working with Amazon Customer service, they are arranging a refund or replacement with the vendor.