Which Springer?!?!

Thanks for all yall's help!

After much research, I pulled the trigger on a Hatsan MOD 95 (Spring Piston) for my first air rifle. Paid $157.00 for it, new in the box. Hope I made a decent decision but I'm sure yall will let me know if I didn't! Lol

For my budget, the H95 seemed like better than average build quality with a German steel rifled bore, Turkish walnut stock, built in suppressor, shock absorb system and a Quatro trigger for easy trigger adjustments.

Thanks again! 

Reactions: pdxFrank
After much research, I pulled the trigger on a Hatsan MOD 95 (Spring Piston) for my first air rifle. Paid $157.00 for it, new in the box. Hope I made a decent decision but I'm sure yall will let me know if I didn't! Lol

Congrats, looks like a good value for the money.

Good job navigating the responses too, an awful lot of people with irrelevant questions and answers.

Just recently got the M95 myself and seems to be fine so far. Today's ammo test with it:
Nice Walnut stock. A lot of gun for the money. Looks to be a shooter too. If you remove the two 3mm trigger adjustment screws and make ones just like it about 1/8 inch longer, you won’t believe how good the trigger gets. You definitely scored Frank! Congratulations.

Thanks! It is a handsome plinker for well under $200.
hatsanmodel95_june2022_1655.jpg
I haven't it tried it on the 25Y side of the backyardplinkin' range. Not sure I can see well that far with those sights, but worth a try.

I ordered a Beeman "Mantis" at the same time, but it failed within 100 shots. The safety locked up and wouldn't release.

Beeman has disappointed me time and time again. I should just give up on that brand. Even my shiny new R9 got traded within a couple months. x3 QB78s 'cause folks said they're awesome. They're not. A couple others over the years, but eh, I guess I don't get the hype.

Anyway, it's on it's way back to Pyramydair now. Shame, 'cause I paid the extra 10 bucks to have it inspected. Came with a mar on the barrel too, which someone lazily swiped a glossy marker over to cover it. :(

beemanMantis10616_jun2022a.jpg

Thanks for the trigger-screw advice. I'll check into that closer to the warranty expiring.

Thanks! It is a handsome plinker for well under $200.
View attachment 270921
I haven't it tried it on the 25Y side of the backyardplinkin' range. Not sure I can see well that far with those sights, but worth a try.

I ordered a Beeman "Mantis" at the same time, but it failed within 100 shots. The safety locked up and wouldn't release.

Beeman has disappointed me time and time again. I should just give up on that brand. Even my shiny new R9 got traded within a couple months. x3 QB78s 'cause folks said they're awesome. They're not. A couple others over the years, but eh, I guess I don't get the hype.

Anyway, it's on it's way back to Pyramydair now. Shame, 'cause I paid the extra 10 bucks to have it inspected. Came with a mar on the barrel too, which someone lazily swiped a glossy marker over to cover it. :(

View attachment 270923

Thanks for the trigger-screw advice. I'll check into that closer to the warranty expiring.

You got a 95 ! Love mine. It likes RWS Match .177

I can’t wait to hear your opinion on it !!

I start every spiringer in .177 on the RwS match Or if it’s in .22 the meisterglukenS
H&N FTTs in .177 and .22 seem to do well in most airguns i've tried. Better/worse in some cases, but overall, a good type to have on-hand IMO.

one of many samples that test out about the same every time...

daisyammotest_may2022_all001.jpg

x10 each, 50', open-sights, daisy 753 10M single-stroke rifle, seated/tripod

Last edited by a moderator: