Which springer do you wish would be manufactured again?

The only one I can think of would be the HW55......nothing else really like it in the lineup. Most of the other good ones are still in production in some capacity anyway.

Keep the barrel latch, the lightweight piston and optimized internals, and offer it with a barrel weight but keep the sight dovetails. The HW55 front sight dovetails were milled in flush, and didn't stand proud like the current guns which prevents easily adding a slip on muzzle brake. Don't drill the breech block for sights, just ship it with a diopter only. So it would be smooth and clean if fitting a scope. Decent looking stock offered in beech and walnut.

I think it could do well. Especially if it made a LITTLE more power than the originals.

Feinwerkbau 124, with updated trigger and walnut stock. Like this-

124 stock close-up.JPG

On second thought, never mind. My 124 custom is all the springer I need.

LGV Olympia and HW 55. State of the art competition guns in their day.
Amen to that, and I'd say the same about other low to mid-power springer rifles. These have a lot to offer in terms of great handling, behavior, and accuracy (witness the legion of fans for the "last man standing" in the segment, the HW 30 / R7) - actually have plenty of power for 90% of legit airgun jobs - and are very neglected in today's power-mad market.

The other cool thing about the HW 55 is that when you aren't shooting it, you can just set it out in the house as an objet d'art, LOL...
DC7290E9-58C5-43E4-8E14-F217FF499D8A.jpeg

Last edited:
Amen to that, and I'd say the same about other low to mid-power springer rifles. These have a lot to offer in terms of great handling, behavior, and accuracy (witness the legion of fans for the "last man standing" in the segment, the HW 30 / R7) - actually have plenty of power for 90% of legit airgun jobs - and are very neglected in today's power-mad market.
Amen to that.

A lot of the "bad rap" that springers get stuck with comes from people that have never shot one that's truly in it's element: modestly powered.

The new Sport kind of grows on you. It certainly handles well. Maybe you have to see it in person. Even my traditionalist friends who won't shoot anything that doesn't have a hammer thought it looked pretty slick when I showed it to them. The one I don't get is the new HW 30/50 with the cutout on the bottom of the butt stock. What is that all about? Trying to look like a long range precision stock?

The new Sport kind of grows on you. It certainly handles well. Maybe you have to see it in person. Even my traditionalist friends who won't shoot anything that doesn't have a hammer thought it looked pretty slick when I showed it to them. The one I don't get is the new HW 30/50 with the cutout on the bottom of the butt stock. What is that all about? Trying to look like a long range precision stock?
I as well like the sport. I bought one, I liked the looks. Nicest finger guard of any of my rifles. I think this rifle is a masterpiece. It’s not my favourite but it’s worthy. Crow

Reactions: Sqwirl57

The other cool thing about the HW 55 is that when you aren't shooting it, you can just set it out in the house as an objet d'art, LOL...
View attachment 273725
Just saw the pic. Now that’s what I’m talking about. You could win an art exhibition with that gun. I’m not at all familiar with any older guns, but I admire them. Very nice. Thanks for sharing. Crow

Walnut UK Tomahawks, Longbows, and Stingrays. Upgrade the Stingray trigger. Most airgunners have no idea how good the Tomahawk and Longbow are. And beautiful. And not porky. There's already too many 9 - 10 lb springers
Walnut UK Supersports with better triggers.
I have the UK Birmingham Stingray in beech stock, the blueing is deep black, the stock trigger is perfect, shoots JSB 7.33 one hole ragged at 20 yds. No spring noise. Just sweet, I wished I would have bought the Tomahawk and Longbow, beautiful guns.