Which slug for Crown?

Okay, from my other thread, I'm trying to make up my mind about the Impact ? The Crown slug liner will help me figure this out and it arrives today. I literally of no idea which slugs I should be ordering?

Now it is time for this newbie to learn how to tune. I have watched a little you tube and will continue to today. If anyone has a suggested vid that would be helpful as well.

You guys have been absolutely great! I know I'm asking a lot of dumb questions. Please excuse me as I fumble around this learning curve.

Thank you all for your wonderful comments!

Eamon

PS: I think I'm going to order the Impact with a slug liner for comparison?

I'm very sorry I was sitting in my easy chair when I realized I did not say what caliber. Two "old war injuries" of my youth have flared up and it is a battle just to get through the house.

I have a .25 Crown. 600mm slug liner

Again my apologies,

Eamon

The problem right now with NSA is that 0.25 slugs are a bit heavy in order to get 930- 950 fps on stock Impact and Crowns , Ratsniper Slugs have lighter ones (26 grain FX X-Treme) but I have read they do not ship (not stock maybe) and bad service (never bought from them), donno if that have change. Fx will release a power kit probably this year, to improve velocity specially for new heavier pellets and slugs. 

Consider that JSB MK2 0.25 are 34gr, so the max speed you can achieve with those (IME around 870 ish fps with the 700mm barrel) will be similar with the lighter NSA Slug 34.7gr. Not saying will shoot bad, just saying that according to other experiences best speed for slugs are around 940 fps

I will make an educated guess since no experience on slugs right now (waiting for my liners) but probably on STOCK crowns and impact, the max weight in order to achieve 950 fps (the ideal speed then reduce it a bit with the valve to 940), will be something around (+-2):

0.22 = 23gn

0.25 = 28gn

0.30 = 35gn

Eamon, where was you able to find that slug liner?

Sorry I was pretty much offline yesterday. Yes Utah Airguns got one out to me the next day. It got here pretty darn quick! It is still in the box not knowing which slug?

I'm very sorry I was sitting in my easy chair when I realized I did not say what caliber. Two "old war injuries" of my youth have flared up and it is a battle just to get through the house.

I have a .25 Crown. 600mm slug liner

Again my apologies,

Eamon

The problem right now with NSA is that 0.25 slugs are a bit heavy in order to get 930- 950 fps on stock Impact and Crowns , Ratsniper Slugs have lighter ones (26 grain FX X-Treme) but I have read they do not ship (not stock maybe) and bad service (never bought from them), donno if that have change. Fx will release a power kit probably this year, to improve velocity specially for new heavier pellets and slugs. 

Consider that JSB MK2 0.25 are 34gr, so the max speed you can achieve with those (IME around 870 ish fps with the 700mm barrel) will be similar with the lighter NSA Slug 34.7gr. Not saying will shoot bad, just saying that according to other experiences best speed for slugs are around 940 fps

I will make an educated guess since no experience on slugs right now (waiting for my liners) but probably on STOCK crowns and impact, the max weight in order to achieve 950 fps (the ideal speed then reduce it a bit with the valve to 940), will be something around (+-2):

0.22 = 23gn

0.25 = 28gn

0.30 = 35gn

Thank you for the follow up. I did order a sample pack, but sounds now like that will be to heavy?

What would. it take from me to get the Crown up to par? Do you think a newbie can? Or would you say it is over my head just yet?

Thank you,

Eamon

Sample pack is a good idea to test yourself...I think they might shoot good too, PLEASE let us know your results (Not many result so far on 0.25). Slug Liners 0.25 has just been released (as far as I know) so is too soon to tell, all experience is good to learn more right now.

The power Kit that FX will release will have all you need and probably they will offer the installation service for those who doesn't feel confortable do in it themselves. Will see, with that kit will be no problem to achieve High speeds on heavy slugs/pellets