Which scopes are easiest on your eyes?

Airgun Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 24, 2020
Colorado, United States
This Element Nexus is crystal clear all the way up to maximum magnification and still has a pretty forgiving eye box.

IMG_2962.jpg

I've got a few I like a lot. One is a Japanese Tasco 2-7x32, another a Nikon 3-9x44, Burris 1.25-4x20 all sfp. Have a Centerpoint 4-12x44 sfp side focus, a primary arms 4-14x44 ffp. All of these are very clear and focus very well. I've had a number of others and still do have some I didn't mention that don't really get used. A good runner up is a centerpoint 2x20 as well.

Reactions: Michael
The question is a really good one and I hope alot of members reply. Some scopes just have it, and some just don't. The best scope image I have seen was a NF. People around here say they're not that great, but I was impressed. I never want to look through a $9K Hensoldt and see what I'm missing, comparison is the thief of joy.

Peeked thru an Element Theos.....very nice relaxing and forgiving eye box which is quite a bit different than my Athlon Ares BTR which has a much smaller eye box.....

Yeah the Ares BTR is a 1.5 gen chinese scope with upgraded turrets that IMHO needs a clean sheet redesign and I found the optics no improvement to the original. That was a couple years ago and I doubt the prescription has changed since then but...

The Theos is a LOW designed 6-36 3rd gen scope so its a significantly improved new design.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranchibi