• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

which scope

1686239888388.png

I have this Swiss TG1 that I bought a few years ago, without a scope. It is a very good shooting rifle with open sights but now I think I'd like to add a scope, without spending a lot of money. I seldom shoot farther than 50 yards, 75 would be the max. What size & power scope does everyone like? Remember, I don't want to spend more than necessary. Thanks.

Centerpoint 4x32 - comes with rings. Buy some decent pellets while you are there.

Like the brand, hated the CenterPoint 4x32 that came on Crosman F4 Nitro .177. Replaced with like-new CenterPoint 3-9x-40AO, found on eBay for $50, very impressive optics/performance. WM

View attachment 363072
I‘ve had one of these for years as a backup scope, I’m always pleasantly surprised by how good it is when I get to use it. That said, a springer may or may not make a meal of it.
Not sure about this one but my Benjamin Trail NP XL .22 came with a CenterPoint 3-9x40AO from the factory. Magnum power with heavy recoil since 2018, so far so good. WM