Which scope will you choose?

Which one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Given the choices presented, I would choose neither. I prefer FFP, but require more than 24x magnification. So I did not vote in your poll.

I am a backyard pester, not a target shooter. Yeah, I am an oddball when it comes to what you will read on the airgun forums. But that is only because I am one of the few who makes posts that are different from the "trend" or "norm" according to the prevailing "wisdom".

Of course, to each their own. (smile)

All my best!

Kerry

Reactions: Triggers and 4X4s
Those scopes are completely different animals. Apples to oranges.

FWIW, Element has better glass and higher quality in general, IMO. Probably why the Vector 12-60x60 is priced very close to Element's 6-24x50.

I've had a couple of Vector scopes, but not as high as a 60x. But based on my experience with them, I'd be willing to bet that the glass on that is like trying to look through a recently emptied pint glass at the bar when at full magnification. There's a reason they are priced how they are. 60x is not in their wheel house. Just my opinion. And I'm not bashing Vector. I've had a Veyron mounted on one of my daily drivers for years. I love it for what it is...a very light weight and compact scope. But I also know it's limits.

Reactions: Triggers and 4X4s
Part of my logic for the Element is I think a 6-24 is a more versatile scope than a 10-60. I see the latter as a purely target scope. I prefer SFP, however, so the lower magnification does not make the reticle invisible. I have a lower priced 8-32 Vector. I don't think it's glass is terrible but it is not as good as my Athlon Talos 6-24 and noticably worse than my Arken 6-24. I prefer to hunt/pest at least starting at 6X to find my quarry quickly. I turn the scope up a little if the shot really needs it. I only shoot targets to 35 yards because I'm usually in my yard and that is all the space I have. 24X works well (if the glass is pretty good). I've never even held the Element but the reviews I've seen make me believe it is a bit like my Arken.

In that price range I'm getting an Argos BTR gen 2
I have Athlon Argos BTR Gen 2 8-34x56mm and I love it!!!

IMG_20231207_091538790.jpg

Those scopes are completely different animals. Apples to oranges.

FWIW, Element has better glass and higher quality in general, IMO. Probably why the Vector 12-60x60 is priced very close to Element's 6-24x50.

I've had a couple of Vector scopes, but not as high as a 60x. But based on my experience with them, I'd be willing to bet that the glass on that is like trying to look through a recently emptied pint glass at the bar when at full magnification. There's a reason they are priced how they are. 60x is not in their wheel house. Just my opinion. And I'm not bashing Vector. I've had a Veyron mounted on one of my daily drivers for years. I love it for what it is...a very light weight and compact scope. But I also know it's limits.

You are spot on about the glass on this Vector Minotaur scope 😁