• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Which Scope To Buy?

Hey guys I recently just bought my first pcp rifle and I’m stuck choosing between 3 scopes to get. 
Element Helix 6-24x50 $399.99

Athlon Optics 6-24x50 Argos BTR $399.99

Hawke Sport 6-24x50 Airmax $479.99

What are your guys thoughts, pros/cons. Or even recommend a different scope? I mostly do paper and metal target shooting but plan on getting into hunting small game.

Out of the 3 mentioned the Hawke is the clearest.

If you want to take a chance for a clearer scope also made in China with a lifetime warranty there's my favorite Aim Sports Alpha6 4.5-27x50 that can be purchased for $229-$260 that's clearer than all 3 of them.

Once you look through it you will be spoiled and it is not based on price.

I have no stake nor any benefit nor financial gain from sharing this info.

It is only meant to stick it back to China.

Actually to save allz you from constantly overspending on Chinese made goods especially on overpriced Chinese scopes that aren't as clear.

Buy now before the price goes up like how Vector has done and Discovery is now doing once they realize they can.

The Alpha6 could be purchased as cheap as $165 before a year ago always under $200 until they started to get sold out too quickly. If they raised it to $599 I don't think newbie buyers would complain based on how clear it is. I bought all my Vector scopes years ago for roughly 1/2 to 1/4 the current price on the different models.

You WILL be disappointed if you buy the Athlon first then look through the Alpha6 after that especially the Athlon from 20x-24x try side by side the Athlon at 24x and Alpha6 at 24x. The Alpha6 is clear all the way to 27x unlike 90-95% the rest of the $1200.00and under more well known popular brands of Chinese scopes.

The Alpha6 is also lighter and shorter than the Athlon.

Austin, 😊

I think before pulling the trigger on a scope it's good to be sure

▪what you'll be using the scope for, and

▪which of the many features of a scope will support you in that (cf. the Scope Specs List below). 👍🏼

🔶 For example, the Hawke Airmax and the Element Helix are second focal plane scopes (SFP). The Athlon Argos BTR is a first focal plane scope (FFP).

The difference between SFP and FFP for most people is large — and depending on your type of shooting and your personal preferences — you could get really annoyed at either SFP or FFP...!

For shooting where ranges don't change (as in target shooting [not FT, of course]) — FFP dosn't make much sense, SPF would be better.

But for shooting with constantly changing ranges (as in hunting) FFP offers the shooter using holdoff the advantage that all holdoff values on your dope card (or your memory) are the same at all magnifications.

🔶 Again, depending on your shooting situations you might find that 6x bottom magnification is a little too high for close range quick hunting shots (4x offering you a larger field of view).

Actually, it's not the magnification, but the field of view at the bottom magnification that will tell you if this scope will give you quick target acquisition.

🔶And depending on the long ranges you plan to shoot at — do you want to see the target to shoot it — or do you also want to see your hits on the target? Depending on how good your eyes are, 24x will be fine for 100y. And for 50y you could get by with 16x.

Happy scope shopping! 😊

Matthias

❌Attachment: Scope Specs List 6-24x, 6-20x, 5-30x

download.png
View attachment 1597001399_11675709355f304eb722f6c9.31954649.pdf

FYI-

Discovery 3 year warranty except for ONLY THE ED MODELS which carry a LIFETIME WARRANTY. Been around for several years.

Vector Optics 5 year Warranty except for the Continental Taurus Aston Scrapper and Frenzy lines which are the series which carry LIFETIME WARRANTIES. Been around for many years.

Athlon LIFETIME ALL Been around for several years.

Hawke LIFETIME ALL Been around for many years.

AIM SPORTS LIFETIME Been around for many years.

Element LIFETIME ALL as long as they stay in business NEW less than one year.

MTC ONE YEAR WITH PROOF OF PURCHASE TO ORIGINAL OWNER ONLY WITH OPTION TO EXTEND FOUR MORE YEARS UPON REGISTRATION WHEN PURCHASED NEW ACCORDING TO THE WARRANTY INFO INCLUDED WITH MY SCOPES. (NON TRANSFERRABLE!!!) AND ONLY ORIGINAL PURCHASER WHO REGISTERED IT WITH MTC WITHIN 30 DAYS!!! OF NEW PURCHASE OR TOO BAD NO WARRANTY.

OPTISAN ORIGINAL OWNER ONLY WITH PROOF OF PURCHASE LIFETIME WARRANTY (NON TRANSFERRABLE!!!). ONLY ONE YEAR for illumination.

I'm looking for a 6-24x50 myself, or somewhere in that range. I like the Athlon Scopes, and the reviews on them as well. Looked through a couple and they were sweet. I have a Vortex Diamondback Tactical right now, 4-16x44, MIL/MIL, FFP. It's actually pretty sweet. I don't mind fine crosshairs. I actually prefer them.