Which scope stop do you use?

Years ago, I used one made by BSA that worked flawlessly on an original Webley & Scott .177 Stingray. When I moved up to a magnum springer in .22, there were some additional requirements, one of those being droop compensation. I moved to a Beeman single piece mount model 5039 (same as Sportsmatch AOP55) without the scope stop. My scope has never moved or lost zero and has more than enough elevation adjustment to handle my rifles barrel droop. It is also adjustable for windage.

You did not mention the springer you are buying, but make sure to check if you need a droop compensating mount before settling on the scope rings and scope stop.

Good luck and enjoy your new springer! I have many PCP's, but still enjoy shooting my springers.

When I got my first springer in 1983 I just used standard rings and my scope moved on the dovetail. Then I got a Beeman scope stop and it stopped moving but I wiped out the scope. When I bought a springer scope I also purchased a RWS on piece mount. Never had any issues again. Lots of clamping surface with a one piece. I also have a one piece on my TX200. It might be a RWS also and it is adjustable for barrel droop even though it’s not necessary on that gun.