which rifle?

I'm new to air gun nation,and my past experience with air guns started with the Red Ryder then I went to powder and now things have really changed so I'm in the learning mode. Looking for Hatsan Newtron star,Air Force Condor or FX not sure what model. My requirements are (1) shots more than 50 yards and less than 110 yards (2) would like to shoot slugs and hopefully heavy pellets (3) I like 25 cal (4) reliability,higher shot count for air stored. I have watched reviews on these guns by Steve I really like his reviews also found Talon Tunes. I welcome any and all comments I need rifle,scope and rings,compressor maybe more so not opposed to buying used. Not enough post to be able to respond to for sale section at this time. It doesn't look like any of these will be available any time soon any and all thoughts would be welcome thanks for you time.

I didn't find my Air Force Talon to be as accurate (at least in my hands) as any of my FX's. Hatsans can be O.K., and I was ultimately really surprised at how good I could get the trigger on my Hydra. But I haven't shot it all that much so I don't know about durability.

I think that you will find Talon Tunes to be well respected by what they can provide to you in an air gun. Not something that you maybe couldn't do yourself, ultimately, and maybe breaking some stuff before succeeding. But they have the knowledge, experience and parts so that you can receive the gun just as you want it. Take it out of the box, fill it with air, and it just performs.

Anything but the neutronstar

DSCF5709_edited.1614730732.jpg

I have one. Seriously, don't get it. If you have to have a .25 caliber, I'd be looking at a dreampup bottle version, I think.

carbonfiberdreampup__21046.1570468804.1614730843.png

I have both AirForce and Hatsan rifles. I've had good luck with both and problems with both. I'd buy either brand again. Hatsan's are a little "rough around the edges" but can be very good guns if you like to work on things. If not, maybe they aren't for you but I have several that shoot very well. I have both .177 and .22 AirForce rilfes but I don't shoot air guns beyond 75 yards. Both of my AirForce rifles shoot very well with both pellets and slugs to that distance-accurate and powerful. I can't see another 25 to 35 yards being any different. Seems the FX support speaks for itself-good rifles at any distance. Every rifle you consider will be disliked by some and liked by others. Lots of options these days.

Big question is budget, second thing that is about as equal how are you gonna fill it. I have no problem handpumping but I advise against anything unregulated over 200cc 

then use ive had the luck to shoot and own several brands 

AoA has hw110 under a grand and life time warranty through AoA and free shipping -

what ive noticed there is 2 worlds of guns under 1k and over 1k I don’t know anything under 1k but if I could recommend a few guns it would tiapan veteran, edguns because I can work on an edgun with tools I already own excellent videos on how tos the tiapan because if you get tired of shooting the vermin you can beat it to death then it will still have no poi shift or leaks and go back to shooting seriously the thing is a tank

I have both AirForce and Hatsan rifles. I've had good luck with both and problems with both. I'd buy either brand again. Hatsan's are a little "rough around the edges" but can be very good guns if you like to work on things. If not, maybe they aren't for you but I have several that shoot very well. I have both .177 and .22 AirForce rilfes but I don't shoot air guns beyond 75 yards. Both of my AirForce rifles shoot very well with both pellets and slugs to that distance-accurate and powerful. I can't see another 25 to 35 yards being any different. Seems the FX support speaks for itself-good rifles at any distance. Every rifle you consider will be disliked by some and liked by others. Lots of options these days.

Don't get me wrong, I like my Hatsan. But I've had quite a laundry list of issues with it. None of which should have ever needed addressing. Not for having bought a new gun.... Then find out the barrel port is clocked, and too far forward. Found out the main gas block was bored way crooked. I had to face the block by hand (not fun) to get the gun to go back together. I had to replace the main valve housing because I broke it trying to correct the off-square bored gas block. I also bent the valve pin when the housing broke, so replaced it. The trigger leaves a LOT to be desired. Even after cleaning it up and dialing it in super well.... the housing all it's components ride in is thin plastic.... so the different links, springs, and components will always have a bit of a soft spongy engagement. Overall fit, finish, and machine work was just sad. I had to take a dremel to the cocking lever and the inside of the action just to get the charging handle to stay shut (they bored the main pin hole in an orientation that was NOT right) The cocking lever would just flop open randomly because the lever would not fold inward enough to really ever lock in place. Um what else.... The debounce mechanism started tearing up the receiver and the hammer pretty much immediately upon use. I detuned the gun and riveted the fork together to help. But the hammer still gets galled up pretty good. I have to keep an eye on it so it doesnt start gouging out the hammer tube. Ah, yes... the magazine slot was also milled far too deep. Removing a lot of structural integrity to my receiver. I actually had to put a different scope on the gun because the from of the receiver is so flimsy. My scope is a structural piece of the gun. Probably some things I missed/forgot.

You will get lots of suggestions here because its a great place to hang out and folks love to share their love for the sport. If you research enough you will find that many brands or models can have some issues and some are more prone to leakage and failure than others so don't be in a hurry and do your due diligence. Some have excellent customer service and stand behind their warranties while others not so much. Some of the larger big box dealers sell a ton of guns so I tend to gravitate towards the smaller shops that offer more personal service and some are better than others. I would suggest you look into Georgia Airguns. Charlie goes through EVERY rifle he sells ... personally and he stands behind what he sells. He makes sure each and every rifle is right before it leaves his door and I suspect that is why you never read of issues with Charlie's guns. SPAW is another great guy to deal with too.

What is your budget?

Bench shooting or hunting?

You looking at Bullpup or long rifle?

From your list I will pick something from FX but there is bunch of other companies that make a good guns and you should look at it. 
Look around see what you like and ask questions. Whatever you decide on I will suggest to buy used from know member here and if you don’t like it you can sell it for minimal loss and get something else. 

Don't get me wrong, I like my Hatsan. But I've had quite a laundry list of issues with it. None of which should have ever needed addressing. Not for having bought a new gun.... Then find out the barrel port is clocked, and too far forward. Found out the main gas block was bored way crooked. I had to face the block by hand (not fun) to get the gun to go back together. I had to replace the main valve housing because I broke it trying to correct the off-square bored gas block. I also bent the valve pin when the housing broke, so replaced it. The trigger leaves a LOT to be desired. Even after cleaning it up and dialing it in super well.... the housing all it's components ride in is thin plastic.... so the different links, springs, and components will always have a bit of a soft spongy engagement. Overall fit, finish, and machine work was just sad. I had to take a dremel to the cocking lever and the inside of the action just to get the charging handle to stay shut (they bored the main pin hole in an orientation that was NOT right) The cocking lever would just flop open randomly because the lever would not fold inward enough to really ever lock in place. Um what else.... The debounce mechanism started tearing up the receiver and the hammer pretty much immediately upon use. I detuned the gun and riveted the fork together to help. But the hammer still gets galled up pretty good. I have to keep an eye on it so it doesnt start gouging out the hammer tube. Ah, yes... the magazine slot was also milled far too deep. Removing a lot of structural integrity to my receiver. I actually had to put a different scope on the gun because the from of the receiver is so flimsy. My scope is a structural piece of the gun. Probably some things I missed/forgot.

I have a couple of Hatsan rifles that have had absolutely no issues. Not one failure. They shoot and function very well. I have a couple of others that have needed a bit of work. You seem to have had a different experience. "None of which should have ever needed addressing"-ALL brands will have some issues. FX. Daystate. All of them. Plainly visible on these forums. That doesn't make them bad. Just reality. Spend more money and you still may have issues. Spend less and you might need to do a bit more work. Try as you might, I won't agree with your view on the brand overall and I won't try to dissuade others from trying them.

My advice:

- Buy second-hand (you save a lot of money when you resell, and believe me, you will resell to get the next wonderful newer rifle)

- Buy a Tier1 brand: These will not let you down, function without question, and be accurate. Resell will also be easy. (Think Edgun, RAW, Daystate, Steyr, AA, and maybe even FX :)

There is just one catch: you have to do your research and build your preference list, and you have to be patient untill one that fits your list comes along...

It may irk some here and it is definitely an entry level for the frugal budget. Air Venturi Avenger. Look at TopAirGun.com. No tax for me, and shipping to my door for the price advertised. Very adjustable, pretty reliable, smaller reservoir ( not sure the capacity), I get 20 plus shots from a 3600psi fill with my regulator settings.

Dime size groups at 50 paces. Shoots lights out with NSA 33.5? grain .25 slugs. Pretty quiet. I haven't tried to reach out to 100 yards, but 25 and 50 are very close to the same zero. I've only shot paper with mine so far, but expect it to more than get the job done I would ask a 25 to do.

It is a smaller reservoir, and holds 4200PSI, but you don't have to fill it that far. Lots of videos for settings, and tutorials. I suggest watching some before fooling with it. Pressure must be relieved completely before lowering the regulator pressure. Damage can occur if you don't. It is in the OM as well. The OM has some setting recommendations, but they are a bit over zealous.

Happy shopping

I want to thank everyone that responded I learned something from each and every one of you. There were a lot of questions also so I will begin by answering them first.

1. budget $ 1000.00 if possible gun only have separate budget for compressor,scope,rings and accessories 

2. long barrel platform required

3. preferably shooting longer yardage lots of room

4. unfortunately there are no air gun shops I Utah air guns is closest 11 hr. Drive

I would like to have one of everything but for my first I will stick with a known product single or multi shot no matter. That leaves FX,Conder there seems to be more of those two brands than some of the other guns mentioned . Not sure about Condor at 100 yards. This leaves me looking for a used gun unless I increase my budget which means waiting. I’m looking in classified section and see FX Boss 30 cal page 5or6 and unfortunately I’m not able to reply at this time. I would welcome any thoughts on subject . Once again thanks to all jetslead.