• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Which rifle has more investment potential? FWBSport, HW 95L Field Pro or ...

Looking at FWBSport, HW 95L/ 95L Field Pro, Walther LGU/LGV and last but not least RWS Air King. All are about the same money. I like that the Field Pro and LGU are available in .22 but the Sport and Air Kingin .177 call to me as well. I seem to be suffering from Analysis Paralysis, lol.

Any issues with RWS spec 54's? Does a Walther 3-9 scope and factory mounts add any value to a 95L? Buy the Walther or FWB because they are no longer in production? I know I should buy them all but reality is just one for the next month or two. Any strong feelings on which way to go? Thanks for your insights.

I can only comment on the Weihrauch HW95L which is an excellent and quality air rifle.

IMG_4222.1610907677.JPG

Investment potential? Say what? 

The HW95 is great in .177. The Field Pro is an overpriced HW95. 

The FWB Sport is generally a harsh shooting rifle with quality control issues. I wouldn't buy one personally. 

The RWS is very heavy, and rough on scopes. Too much gun for its own good IMO. 

The Walther's I know nothing about. 

If it were me, id buy an HW77k or HW97 and never look back. Get it in .177

Investment potential? Say what? 

The HW95 is great in .177. The Field Pro is an overpriced HW95. 

The FWB Sport is generally a harsh shooting rifle with quality control issues. I wouldn't buy one personally. 

The RWS is very heavy, and rough on scopes. Too much gun for its own good IMO. 

The Walther's I know nothing about. 

If it were me, id buy an HW77k or HW97 and never look back. Get it in .177

I agree. But I would add the TX200 to that 77/97 list.

There is reason they have been making the TX200 and HW97/77 as long as the have. Great triggers and accurate. I would say the TX has to be the easiest rifle ever to work on but I like the rekord trigger more.

The RWS 54 (in 22) was on sale at Umarex USA for $240 last month with discount code if you bought a lot you could have probably doubled your money like an AGW classifieds seller did several times as well as a member or 2 who sold them on EBay right after. Originally $744.13. Typical used price $350-$450 and around $599-$699 new depends where you buy from.

Not sure if the 15% discount code is still valid or NRA2020?

https://www.umarexusa.com/rws-model-54-22

The FWB Sport was originally an $899 (IIRC) rifle that went down in price due to lack of sales currently selling for $495 at Champions Choice. Hurry only 3 left.

http://www.champchoice.com/store/main.aspx?p=ItemDetailOptions&item=32998

Thanks for the reply Thumper,

I'm not planning on selling anything to make money, just don't want to miss out on some of these deals and have buyers remorse later. 

Right now a FWB Sport is a $500 invoice that I can afford. Will they be worth More down the road? Will a 95L still cost $450ish in a couple of months? 

Wood stock 97/77's seem hard to find right now. Krale's has the 97 Blackline but it doesn't do it for me.The 95L fits what I am looking for weight wise. Didn't know the Sport had that harsh of a cycle. I heard references to quick cycling and short pellet dwell time. Good to know.

Agree that RWS Air King is heavy but I prefer the higher comb on the new/old stock compared the laminate Air King Pro stock and quite a bit cheaper too.

If you're wanting to invest in something that will be worth more down the road, then don't buy an air gun. lol. I love them but they are like buying an American car. Odoyle is right, as there are only a select few that actually could be considered a real investment. Of the 4 you mentioned the HW95L is your best bet. You'll see RWS in the classified with high prices and they either end up dropping the price or keeping the gun. 

Great Ike. Yer gonna love it. I got mine last week. Put a little grease on the latch pin. Most are hard to open. The grease makes the task super easy. Latch up is also a nice dead thump. Most reviewers have commented that the iron sights are dead on out of the box. I made no adjustments. Really like the smooth tuned like action. Thumper said otherwise.

I don't see any airgun ever being an investment, unless it was used by Lewis & Clark or such.

As far as "which you should buy", that's like asking a bunch of strangers which food to try on the buffet.

All of them of course! lol

With all that said, I don't know anything about that list of guns. Honestly, probably very few have good experience with them ALL, so it's really a pointless question. They're just going to recommend the one or two they've used.

Just get the one you'll think you'll use the most.