• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Which rifle for Squirrels do you like the best?

The #1 squirrel killer in my yard is a captive bolt airgun, the Goodnature A18.

After that it's my Leshiy 2. I'm at the point where the squirrel population is so low, there's very low probability of seeing one if I'm only outside for a few hours. That's why the Goodnature gets the majority of them. They're curious and if the Goodnature has been baited in the last two weeks, they'll check it out.

Reactions: GWTW and darylm
Nutters in the backyard don't mind the 1377 pumper 😉

View attachment 351271
I have a shrouded 1322 with flat top valve and 24” barrel. It is a total hoot to take squirrels with! I need to get it back out and play with it again. It’s been sitting a few years with no attention as I’ve been preoccupied with every new thing that arrives. I’d about forgotten my 1322 until I saw your post.

Classy

Screenshot_20230427-201656_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20230427-201611_Photos.jpg

Reactions: darylm

After that it's my Leshiy 2. I'm at the point where the squirrel population is so low, there's very low probability of seeing one if I'm only outside for a few hours. That's why the Goodnature gets the majority of them. They're curious and if the Goodnature has been baited in the last two weeks, they'll check it out.
An autonomous squirrel-killing trap!…….now THAT is brilliant.

Well its a toss up for me. I really enjoy prowling the woods with my Benjamin Marauder Pistol. It packs a pretty decent punch. I've dropped them at over 60+ yards with it on numerous occasions. My .177 caliber Benjamin Discovery would be my back up I suppose. It's bone stock except for an SSG and sling studs. But I've killed the most squirrels with my .177 Crosman Storm XT break barrel than any other airgun. But come to think of it I've killed a bunch with my 1377 and 1322 pistols. So I guess it's gonna be hard for me to narrow it down to just one.:)
:)
Ray

View attachment 351752

View attachment 351753

View attachment 351760
Oh a pistol hmm now that is thought provoking, I really prefer my handguns

Which pellets do you like for squirrels with this rifle? I ordered the 22 model and should arrive in a couple days.

I currently have a tuned QB78S-22 which I like very much.
I use the 15 grn jsb because that's what my fortitude likes, those and cphp are the only two I have tried but it will put 10 of the jsb under 3/8 ctc at 25yards. So I called it good enough lol.

Remember, squirrels aren't afraid of noise, they're afraid of what caused the noise! When I first hunted squirrels, about 60 years ago, I used a shotgun. If I killed one and remained motionless, I would often see other squirrels very soon afterwards. Noise will spook them for a few minutes.
I tried the shot gun route, I was not a fan at all.

I am not sure my population area will be low, I live in the deep woods so I know that I might not ever achieve a low population. But I am certain Amy going to do my best.

Lol.. i was reading up and thinking the same thing . 150$ walmart gamo/ crosman vs $1000 pcp to kill a tree rat chewing on the bird feeder.. hmmmmm.... Lots a pricey suggestions for sure.
Yes Sir! I have done it with the cheapest Beeman break barrel (bought it for $50 on clearance years ago) and Crosman hollow point pellets. A nice PCP just makes it easier for some of us with tired joints 😎

Reactions: GWTW
I tried the shot gun route, I was not a fan at all.
I squirrel hunt with rimfires, mostly. When season opens here in September there is allot of cover. Leaves, ground cover, etc. I find a shotgun is much more effective around this time. You'll fill your limit 3x faster with a shotgun with all the cover.

Reactions: darylm and GWTW