which rifle for "special needs" ?

hey guys,

what would you buy for 25m / 27yards bench rest, quiete and .177 for my home range - no hunting and only paper targets

should be mag feed no single shot rifle

i can buy a full power and turn the power down (because of the neighbours) have to figure out what is acceptable for them. shroud or threaded barrel would be good.

i would like to spend not more then 1500$ excluding scope

crown vp ? brocock bantam sniper hr ? dreamlite classic ?

Air Arms Ultimate Sporter in .177 would do it. 5 power settings, 4 of which are usable. In my backyard environment, I stay on level 2 (second lowest) and it's dead on at 20 m in .25. Shroud and Q-tec silencer included in the 189cc model. Shroud only with the larger capacity model, but easily fitted with a Donny FL moderator. More noise from the impact with the target than from the barrel report, especially in .177.Right at your budget. Lots of great guns to choose from though in your price range.

I like the Dreamline idea. If something just doesn't quite work, you can swap out parts until you get the gun that's needed. Check to see how far down the gun can be tuned though. A 12 fpe gun might not be possible, but I really don't know. I remember Ted of Ted's Holdover took a Streamline down to 12 fpe for indoor type work.

Good luck and let us know what you choose