• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Which "Reticle" do you prefer for close to approx 50 yards Jumping/running/movin

the LBC,

I looked at Swampfox Arrowhead 1 X 10 scope has several nice attributes. A new company/player. Ultimately went with Kahles K1-61 SI-1 Reticle w/chevrons. Curious to ask is the illuminated Reticle "Day Light Bright) i.e. Bright sun looking everywhere. Still in all my leaning is to glass made in Austria for clarity rather than China. Does not make a difference to me be it short range or long range. Seems as many like the Red Circle or Horse Shoe Reticles which is what I am looking for in others opinions.

it isn't quite as bright as an RMR, when i point it at the bright sky, it is still red, but not "glowing". poorer illumination will look black.

but personally, i want the illuminated reticle for low light, not bright daytime. having night vision settings is a plus.

anyway, you should be very pleased with the kahles. they make some great stuff.

uhfradarwill,

Please respond with a somewhat more educated point of view " Whatever you go with I'd recommend gold plating it " simply adds nothing to be learned. Who cares about talk of anyone other than apparently you.

Oh my comment was educated. I've seen, many times, the type who buys only the most high dollar setups and can't hit sh1t.

Dairyboy,

Thanks for your input...Nice Reticle as well. Sadly you lost me for my application on closer range:( FFP )...on 1X (large Field of view) because of FFP the Reticle / aiming point gets minuscule, However for mil dot dist. shooting I too like the Reticle on your Athlon. Yep, "Circle of Death" nicely put i.e. on a moving target anything within the "RED CIRCLE" Spray and Pray not so much! Jus' empty your Semi Auto Mag!.......... WhoYaaaaaaaaaa!

circles or chevrons are functional, like mil dots. they are not just designed to make the reticle easier to see. many are designed to use for movers,

so for example, for a man walking at a normal speed, you might put the edge of the circle, horseshoe, or chevron on him to lead him the proper amount. this is where FFP is important, because the reticle and that space is correct at any magnification. still works with SFP, but you have to be aware of what power you are at.

theLBC,

Very good comment and observation. The Reticles you speak of are used Very often on 3 Gun competition. Most applicable over at the site "Snipers Hide" Indeed this is where I started researching this type of Reticle...same application, and thought of using this for smaller moving targets as well. You seem like someone with considerable insight and thanks for responding. Your analogy with regard to FFP may be a bit more valid with higher scope magnification However I track/shoot with both eyes open @ 1X and require Quick Reticle reference of the larger SFP image @ 1X. I do question howeve, r the application of leading a man at the short range we are talking 20 to 70 yards where leading a man walking IMO is not applicable but rather simply shoot at center mass...However " Leading" a running JacK Rabbit flat out and using the outer edge of said Red Horse Shoe Circle shall come into play.

theLBC,

Very good comment and observation. The Reticles you speak of are used Very often on 3 Gun competition. Most applicable over at the site "Snipers Hide" Indeed this is where I started researching this type of Reticle...same application, and thought of using this for smaller moving targets as well. You seem like someone with considerable insight and thanks for responding. Your analogy with regard to FFP may be a bit more valid with higher scope magnification However I track/shoot with both eyes open @ 1X and require Quick Reticle reference of the larger SFP image @ 1X. I do question howeve, r the application of leading a man at the short range we are talking 20 to 70 yards where leading a man walking IMO is not applicable but rather simply shoot at center mass...However " Leading" a running JacK Rabbit flat out and using the outer edge of said Red Horse Shoe Circle shall come into play.

yes, of course, but most LVPOs are designed for a 5.56 rifle, shooting at considerable longer distances.

unless made for airguns, we have to learn to adapt them to our uses. this in particular is why i prefer a mil reticle over a BDC style for my leshiy, because i will be developing my own dope. it would suck if I didn't get lucky with a BDC reticle and end up with usable markings

Also I might add, I originally had an issue with the 100 Yard Fixed parallax..........Clearly this is a Huge issue at High Magnification and longer range. In this Case with the Kahles Parallax will not affect shooting at such low power 1-6X with air guns 20 to 70 yards...so Win Win!

What Cal is your Leshiy & may I ask if you have ramped up the power...Ed has made this platform VERY user friendly for Maintenance and custom simplicity. I am to use .25 pushing to 930 FPS w/ 350 mm barrel. Might you have any insight in these areas.

Also I might add, I originally had an issue with the 100 Yard Fixed parallax..........Clearly this is a Huge issue at High Magnification and longer range. In this Case with the Kahles Parallax will not affect shooting at such low power 1-6X with air guns 20 to 70 yards...so Win Win!

What Cal is your Leshiy & may I ask if you have ramped up the power...Ed has made this platform VERY user friendly for Maintenance and custom simplicity. I am to use .25 pushing to 930 FPS w/ 350 mm barrel. Might you have any insight in these areas.

yup. there are certainly plus and minuses, but again for my shooting - anything inside 1-100 yards or whatever the effective range - SFP with fixed parallax at 100 is perfect.

i have the .22 long, and it is pushing, per egw, a 18.13 round nose at 940fps, and i don't want to go faster than that. there is no benefit above a certain velocity.

the reported sweet spot for .22 jsb jumbo heavy diabolos is 850-940.

if i was hunting larger varmints, and trying to push a heavy slug, that might be the only reason i would tune it up, and only if it kept accuracy.

you might find this helpful. my advice, don't overthink it and try to make ed's gun better before you even find out if it has any limitations. these guys know what they are doing with the ammo available, and unless you need to stretch the limits of the leshiy, don't fix what ain't broke. jmho.

get a Mod 0 grip from bravo company and shoot it.

https://hardairmagazine.com/ham-columns/the-external-ballistics-of-diabolo-pellets/

Thank you highly. I clearly am familiar w/limitations/drag of pellets at higher velocities and as such willing to trade off a "small bit of accuracy for improved Rainbow/Power/ Expansion............Precisely why I am focusing my efforts on using "Knock Outs" Hollow-points with heavier mass @ 34.X grains bullet shape and weight to combat instability.

so in pushing the 34 grain bullet type to approx 940 FPS in .25 cal and accepting I shall loose 1/4" @ 50 yards...I find this a acceptable for hunting apps and with the Leshiy,2 simply Double tap for two quick shots......surely sompt'n within the aforementioned Red Circle will hit intended target out to 70 yads?

reticle.1628307383.JPG