Which "Reticle" do you prefer for close to approx 50 yards Jumping/running/movin

Being a little closer in range I'd recommend a reticle that is as unobstructed and clear as possible. The MIL style reticle like you displayed in the first link for the Kahles scope is nice. I am partial to Night Force or US Optics scopes and would recommend NF's MIL R or MIL XT reticle.

Link below to reference other popular FFP reticles.

https://www.nightforceoptics.com/technology/reticles

Best of luck in your decision!

bobsadying,

So thank you for your insight...which model NF do you like? The Prob. w/ FFP is the Reticle is very small / almost non existent at 1X (large field of view shooting with both eyes open) when as SFP is larger and for me, and easy to track. Application is close range about 20 to 60 yards. For me FFP is great for distance Mil dot and range estimating / finding.

Thanks

I do not find the NX8 pricey when the application is to match the Leshiy 2 $2400.00gun why put a $ 500.00 on such a gun? not judging just an observation. NX8 is nice glass so is march and Kahles is basically sister co to Swarovski / Austria glass all great glass. Appreciate your view (so to speak) on Reticle.

Why put a $500 scope on a $2,400 air rifle?

Because it's still an air rifle and plenty of very nice scopes can be bought for that.

Not like you'll be shooting at thousands of yards!!

I do not find the NX8 pricey when the application is to match the Leshiy 2 $2400.00gun why put a $ 500.00 on such a gun? not judging just an observation. NX8 is nice glass so is march and Kahles is basically sister co to Swarovski / Austria glass all great glass. Appreciate your view (so to speak) on Reticle.

Share the same opinion especially if you are investing in glass for multiple applications. March and Kahles make good glass I just like the team at NF and their customer service is top notch.

I like the Kahles reticle just cause the "circle of death" is a nice touch for low power shooting.

I have a similar reticle that I just love for pesting that I'm sure would be nice. Have it on my Athlon Helos BTR Gen2 2-12x42 MIL. Can see the circle nicely on 2x.

Screenshot_20210804-134749.1628110110.png

Great stuff on Reticles. Seems appropriate to mention Key: Application!

In this case:

Air Gun

relatively short range 20 to say 70 yards.........

Illuminated Reticle (Day Light Bright)

Large field of view

Quick image of Reticle pick up to track Moving target

Great Glass/Clear

* and your pick for the Oscars (for a Reticle) keeping in mind the aforementioned IS?

Dairyboy,

Thanks for your input...Nice Reticle as well. Sadly you lost me for my application on closer range:( FFP )...on 1X (large Field of view) because of FFP the Reticle / aiming point gets minuscule, However for mil dot dist. shooting I too like the Reticle on your Athlon. Yep, "Circle of Death" nicely put i.e. on a moving target anything within the "RED CIRCLE" Spray and Pray not so much! Jus' empty your Semi Auto Mag!.......... WhoYaaaaaaaaaa!

i am a buy once, cry once kind of guy. i only have one air rifle and it is a leshiy 2, and even though i own a $2k scope for shooting out to 1000yds, i cannot see the cost benefit at 100 yards or less, jmo.

as for short range and quick acquisition, i actually prefer SFP scopes to the tiny reticle at 1x. i am pretty happy with the swampfox reticle.

big circle for quick acquisition and a small dot for more precise shots.very bright.

GUERRILLA-DOT-MIL-LONG-RETICLE.png
[/url][/img]

Try call EdGunWest and ask for a recommend. As I recall they were full on US Optics fan boys for a Lesh2. My USO TS-12 is applied in similar fashion to your intended purpose, I think. Just had to say this a few minutes ago...why spend the big bucks on a scope for a high-dollar gun when there are excellent scopes to be had for at reasonable prices. If this will be your hunt rig, cannot beat the MHR reticle in the TS-12...simple mil-holds, FFP, &c. I too was skeptical of FFP in my scope, but found my reservations to be unfounded after use, which is typically hunt 20-40YD, plinking out to 100YD.

Believe me, I am not on some sort of "Alpha 6" jag.

edit: I get the impression should a TS-12 come up on the classifieds, wouldn't last long.

Mark

the LBC,

I looked at Swampfox Arrowhead 1 X 10 scope has several nice attributes. A new company/player. Ultimately went with Kahles K1-61 SI-1 Reticle w/chevrons. Curious to ask is the illuminated Reticle "Day Light Bright) i.e. Bright sun looking everywhere. Still in all my leaning is to glass made in Austria for clarity rather than China. Does not make a difference to me be it short range or long range. Seems as many like the Red Circle or Horse Shoe Reticles which is what I am looking for in others opinions.

uhfradarwill,

Being an airgun was Not the point on cost matching equipment.....many airguns can be bought at $295.00. Refined optics deserve refined air guns, however in the end the choice is yours!

Yes but we were talking about your $2.4K air rifle. Whatever you go with I'd recommend gold plating it. I'm sure you'll be the talk of no-one!!