• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Which recycling bin?

Plastic, paper and metal all go in the same bin here.

20230803_112646~2.jpg

So you have a rubbish day and go into the garden and unload a bunch of mags into water filled soda bottles. You feel good. The stress is gone.

Now, given they are now full of H&N lead, do they go back into the plastic recycling or now have to go in the metal bin?
Offer it to someone who casts bullets.

Reactions: EncoreUneFois
Like any metal it really depends on how separated and pure it is. Scrap yards make a ton of money but they have to separate all the metals to make the most out of their scrap metal.

They just make it look like it is too hard to do. Well in a way it is. Basically how much is your labor worth? Especially with the rising minimum wages.

Allen

Reactions: EncoreUneFois
Around here lead is considered hazardous material, and shouldn't go into either of the bins. We're supposed to collect it and either drop it off at the hazmat center (free), scrap yard (earn a little money, but there is a line/queue), or have it picked up (also free, but the neighbors will "recycle" them long before the truck picks them up). Casting still appears unregulated, and lead sinkers are still legal in California, for now.
But what would happen at the recycling place with a bunch of pellets rolling around everywhere? If I don't want shot pellets strewn around my yard or house, why not just collect them? Each bucket of collected pellets is a memento of my shooting hobby history, an opportunity to weigh my progress and experience, and wonder, after all that how do I still miss?
Mike