• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW Rapid Which raw carbine

.20 and convert
My TM 1000 is <12 for HFT
IMG_7390.jpeg

.20 TM1000 CF pistol @ 20fpe converted to a carbine or a micro hunter for small game?

Seems like the Micro Hunter is more suitable but no .20 and shot count/fps seem lower in .22 25.
RicL, if you already have a RAW .20 TM1000 FT pistol, it just makes sense to add a butt stock and a silencer for hunting small game, because the changes you need to make are so minor (literally add a butt stock). Converting the FT pistol into a Micro Hunter is quite a bit more work, but would yield a lighter gun. I would start with a small aluminum tank, an 8.5" barrel rather than the 15" barrel (the shorter barrel will lower the efficiency and/or the power of the setup btw), and perhaps the micro shroud and a silencer for the ultimate quietness. Doing all this would yield a more packable single shot RAW for hunting game in the woods, but it's a lot of work to do since you could just buy a .22cal RAW Micro Hunter and have a magazine too. For a RAW micro hunter, I would turn it down a bit from the factory setting by reducing the reg pressure and hammer spring preload, thereby ending up with a very smooth shooting packable varmint gun that gets about 50 shots from the small aluminum 200bar tank at about 15-17fpe.
The main reason RAW doesn't make a Micro Hunter or Mini Hunter in .20cal is due to the low popularity of that caliber. .22 and .25 are WAY more popular and sell WAY more guns. The .20cal you see in the FT pistol is because that caliber is a sweet spot for the FT game in 12fpe or 20fpe, and the shooters requested that it be offered from RAW. The .20cal FT shooters are a very small bunch.

Reactions: cavedweller